after searching the forums extensively and not really finding the answer i want i have decided to undertake my first post to the crackberry forums that wasn't asking a question about something.

my storm came preloaded with some apps like facebook, vcast|rhapsody and flickr. since i have no use for vcast of flickr i have been trying to delete them.

the forums suggested going into options>advanced options>applications and deleting it from there, however these apps were not on the list. then earlier today something dawned on me and i decided to try something out.

1. click on the app. it will direct you to the download page.
    2. download the app.
    3. delete app.

simple i know. it appears that the app icons that come loaded with the phone are just launchers for the wap download, and not the actual app (and apparently doesn't even show up as an app/launcher until its downloaded).
    01-14-09 01:51 PM
    Those are pushed to your phone from the carrier. They are only launchers not the app. To delete them go to options>advanced>service books and delete the service book. If you reregister the host routing table they will however come back. So you can also just hide them.
    01-14-09 01:54 PM
    wow you're right, i just went into service book and vcast and flickr are there even after deleting them.

where were you a couple days ago when i started scouring the forums for an answer?? jk thanks for the tip
    01-14-09 01:59 PM
    Ha ha. Welcome to CB!
    01-14-09 05:52 PM
    simple i know.
    Actually I tried that, and the icons still come back when the service books etc or what not are updated, the only way to be rid of them is to hide them and/or dump them in a sub folder and hide the folder.
    01-15-09 12:22 AM
    Actually I tried that, and the icons still come back when the service books etc or what not are updated, the only way to be rid of them is to hide them and/or dump them in a sub folder and hide the folder.
    i haven't run into that problem yet, mine are still gone after doing my way and deleting them by pltaylor's suggestion.

i do have a question for you about the subfolders. are you talking about a subfolder from a folder on the main screen or a subfolder in the memory (either device or sd).

i was trying to make a sub folder in the applications folder (or move the games folder there if thats possible) and i didn't see any way to do that
    01-15-09 08:11 AM
    i haven't run into that problem yet, mine are still gone after doing my way and deleting them by pltaylor's suggestion.
    Yup, but next service book update they'll be back. If you know of an app that blocks the crap service books I'd be interested in knowing about it!

i do have a question for you about the subfolders. are you talking about a subfolder from a folder on the main screen or a subfolder in the memory (either device or sd).
    I just meant a folder on the home screen, or a sub folder of the home screen.
    01-15-09 08:46 AM
    Yup, but next service book update they'll be back. If you know of an app that blocks the crap service books I'd be interested in knowing about it!
    i haven't heard of anything, but now that you're telling me that stuff its just gonna keep coming back i'm gonna look into it

I just meant a folder on the home screen, or a sub folder of the home screen.
    gotcha...you got my hopes up for a second, but i kinda figured thats what you meant.
    01-15-09 09:31 AM
    is there anyway to get 60mg of free mem for applications???? delete the crap that is pre installed in the storm like the piks and certain ring tones etc... vendor file.. i remember for the pearl and curve we was able to do this..
    01-17-09 04:30 PM
    This worked like a charm. Thanks.
    05-14-09 04:20 PM
    Ok i brought back this thread because i got a my 2nd Storm and i need to know what i have to keep on it. Can i delete the memo pad, password keeper or help. Or do i need them for some crazy reason if i delete them my phone will brick?
    09-27-09 06:47 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD