Is there any way to remove to verizon installed apps like Vcast and all of ther other crap? I've tried desk top manager with no luck.
    08-13-10 08:56 AM
    You cannot delete those. They are not actual apps, and they do not take up memory. They are launchers pushed to your device via service books. Even if you delete the service books, each time you reboot your device, they will come back.

The best way to ignore them is to create a new folder called "junk". Then move all of the carrier pushed icons that you do not want into the junk folder. After you've moved everything you do not want into the junk folder, hide the junk folder. If your carrier pushes something else you do not want at a later date, move it into the junk folder along with all those other launchers. Out of sight, out of mind!
    08-13-10 09:31 AM
    You cannot delete those. They are not actual apps, and they do not take up memory. They are launchers pushed to your device via service books. Even if you delete the service books, each time you reboot your device, they will come back.

The best way to ignore them is to create a new folder called "junk". Then move all of the carrier pushed icons that you do not want into the junk folder. After you've moved everything you do not want into the junk folder, hide the junk folder. If your carrier pushes something else you do not want at a later date, move it into the junk folder along with all those other launchers. Out of sight, out of mind!
    Yes you can remove those icons. Goto options menu - advanced options - service books, then delete the Vcast one. I do it for all the preloaded push icons.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    08-15-10 03:14 AM
    I deleted the service books months ago and never have had them come back. Maybe its a verizon thing?

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    08-15-10 03:17 AM
    I deleted the service books months ago and never have had them come back. Maybe its a verizon thing?
    The Best Solution is given by lak611 . . I have been using it since I got my BlackBerry

08-15-10 04:22 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD