I'e just recieved my new bold. I logged into the Facebook app once and it has automatically uploaded all the birthdays to my calender and the photos to peoples contacts.

I had all the settings turned off in the Facebook options so it shouldnt have done that. I have now deleted the app and all the information has stayed?

I dont want any of this information, I just wanted to log in to check something and come away again.

Any help would be great. Im used to the older version of the BB software so have no idea where anything is on this one.
    Last edited by mgb21; 06-07-11 at 07:28 AM.
    06-07-11 07:25 AM
    To get rid of the information that you have stored once with facebook you basically should have your contact restored from a back-up where you were not using the sync with facebook, otherwise you will have them always there unfortunatelly
    06-12-11 05:00 PM
    I'e just recieved my new bold. I logged into the Facebook app once and it has automatically uploaded all the birthdays to my calender and the photos to peoples contacts.

I had all the settings turned off in the Facebook options so it shouldnt have done that. I have now deleted the app and all the information has stayed?

I dont want any of this information, I just wanted to log in to check something and come away again.

Any help would be great. Im used to the older version of the BB software so have no idea where anything is on this one.
    try this...options->advanced options->service book->and delete Facebook [CICAL]
    06-12-11 05:45 PM
    I hate this! It took me a longgg time to figure out, but I finally did. Sorry, I just don't need to know when all my facebook friends' birthdays are. you NEED to delete the application completely, then re-download it. it will be like starting over again, where it gives you the options for BlackBerry Calendar Application, BlackBerry Messages Application, and BlackBerry Contacts Application, right when you enter the FB app. make sure ALL THREE ARE UNCHECKED. Also, make sure that Facebook notifications are turned off. Click Save. that should be it. Making sure that Facebook [CICAL] is deleted too also helps
    06-14-11 05:35 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD