I need to remove the facebook app, as I need more memory. I went to options > advanced options >applications and removed facebook. i restarted my phone and facebook is not on that list, so i thought i was good. I all the sudden got a notification from the app, and i set up my home screen so i could see all my icons and my facebook app was still there. How do I remove it?
    11-18-08 08:04 PM
    You did remove the application. But Verizon (and some other carriers) now push the facebook service book to your phone you can go to options>advanced>service books and delete it. But it will only come back each time you send service books or register with the network etc. So the best thing to do is just highlight it hit menu and select hide.
    11-18-08 08:09 PM
    So will it still take up my memory on my phone

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    11-18-08 08:19 PM
    What will I be looking for on that list? I didn't see anything that said Facebook.

11-18-08 08:22 PM
    So will it still take up my memory on my phone
    No

What will I be looking for on that list? I didn't see anything that said Facebook.

The service book is called BC_Virtual Preload Facebook
    11-18-08 08:28 PM
    There is nothing called that on the list

11-18-08 08:29 PM
    Are you sure your in options>advanced>service books (not applications) and it could be called something slightly different with verizon. But it's there somewhere. Or you wouldn't have the icon.
    11-18-08 08:32 PM
    Ill look again but that's where I was. I don't want to delete something if its not Facebook

11-18-08 08:37 PM
    If it's like pltaylor said, it will be listed as Facebook when you go to Options>Advanced Options>Applications...
    11-18-08 08:40 PM
    I am on Verizon and do not have Facebook in my service books, I update as soon as a new OS comes out...
    11-18-08 08:41 PM
    these are the list of things i have there:

provisioning
    blackberry internet browsing
    ippp for bibs
    dynamic VPL trooper typing
    browser config for 5 click
    ippp for 5 click
    mms client
    mms transport (rim)
    wap push (sms)
    icq - bbim [bbim]
    aim- bbim [bbim]
    wlm 2.1 [bbimconfig]
    bbfs2 [bbimconfig]
    blackberry maps - NA
    bbfs2 [yho]
    bbfs1 [bbimconfig]
    11-18-08 08:41 PM
    Beats me then guys. I have BC_Virtual Preload Facebook. Hate that damn thing too.
    11-18-08 08:56 PM
    The problem is even if you do delete the service book the next time you pull the battery or do a hard reboot it pulls down the service book again. Which in turn will cause the icon to reappear. I had the exact same issue. I deleted facebook deleted Sprint's service book for it and the first time I reboot it came back. Rather than continuing to be frustrated by it I just hid the icon and life was good again.

But then I decided to give facebook on the BB a 2nd chance and now I don't get any updates on my facebook . I know a completely different issue but I just felt like venting...
    11-19-08 01:06 AM
    Wow I guess I just have to deal that stinks

11-19-08 07:34 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD