I am deleting apps on my 8220 because I'm down to 37 kb's but when I reboot after deleting, my memory doesn't seem to get bigger. My phone is shutting off a lot and I have to pull the battery a lot and I suspect that the phone is just overworked. How do I get my regular memory to come back?
    05-13-10 08:29 PM
    Are you deleting apps that are big enough to make a noticeable difference in you memory? That's not a facetious question, since most BlackBerry apps have fairly small memory footprints. Another part of your problem may be the size of your Content Store. The Content Store is similar in function to the TEMP directory in Windows. It accumulates odd bits of code and artifacts that don't get deleted when the app that created them is deleted. You can minimize the Content Store by clearing it using the Advanced Backup and Restore function in Desktop Manager. Select Content Store in the right hand panel. Note the size, then press the clear button at the bottom of the pane. Then check the new size.
    05-13-10 08:58 PM
    Do you have a lot of old e-mails, SMS/MMS still on your device? Deleting the old messages will help free up memory.
    05-13-10 11:06 PM
    I had 267 in the content store. I cleared it and now 22 is left. No, I don't have many emails, (about 5). I ment Mb's, and I went from 37 to 42. I do the alt lglg,thing daily, but there was another one that had event log: warning. I don't remember that shortcut. Thanks for the tips, though!
    05-14-10 06:54 AM
    As with any Blackberry, you don't need more than 5-10 Mb of free memory for the phone to be very functional. Are you making sure you properly close out applications when you are not using them? If you have several apps open, that could cause a slowdown. Try a daily battery pull and see if that makes a difference. Just some possibilities....
    05-14-10 09:51 AM
    I had 267 in the content store. I cleared it and now 22 is left. No, I don't have many emails, (about 5). I ment Mb's, and I went from 37 to 42. I do the alt lglg,thing daily, but there was another one that had event log: warning. I don't remember that shortcut. Thanks for the tips, though!
    I should have questioned your original 37kb number. If you have 42 MB free, that's a reasonable amount for a 128 MB device with Suretype. I have 100MB free on my 256 MB Tour which isn't burdened with the Suretype database. You probably aren't going to be able to free up significantly more than what you have. The event log is capped to 400k and isn't worth the effort to remove.
    05-14-10 03:18 PM
    my bad I meant 37 kb, NOT mb. Phone is still crashing with a battery pull to turn on. I am rolling the dice and getting a chinese built Battery, because I'm unemployed now, and dont have the money for the new batteries that Crackberry or the T mobileians want. My battery is bulging a little. But I'm up to 51. whatever kb! and I have Slacker radio now instead of Pandora.
    I realize that you get what you pay for, but like I said, I'm hoping that the $2.00 battery with free shipping will at leaast last for a month or two.
    Last edited by fsb; 05-16-10 at 01:15 PM.
    05-16-10 01:07 PM
    Have you tried the steps in this thread?

What apps do you have? Some of them are known memory hogs, such as Viigo and Facebook.
    05-16-10 01:23 PM
    No viigo, original facebook is greyed, handango is greyed, I do have facebook. I really don't want to make an os update as I am not as savvy as the others here, and T mob. wont support it if theres a peoblem. If I was still under warrenty, I'd try it.I did try it with the first 8220 that borked. I will hopefully ride it out until I can upgrade.
    05-16-10 02:48 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD