Hi everyone,

Is the any difference between deleting an app from home screen, using options-advanced options-applications, or DM/Loader?
    I'd prefer an app was fully deleted without leaving any stray files/entries behind.

Paul

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    11-14-09 02:47 AM
    you can't delete an app from the home screen only folders or hide an app.

you must go into options->advanced options -> applications and delete it from there this will completely remove them.
    11-14-09 04:03 AM
    Hey Reaper,

Just out of interest, if you can remove apps from the home-screen, does the Delete option just remove the icon?
    11-14-09 04:39 AM
    you can't delete an app from the home screen only folders or hide an app.
    FALSE.

And deleting it this way menu on the icon is the same thing as doing it in the Applications section under options, or removing it with Desktop Manager. None is any less clean than the others.
    Last edited by digitalb0y; 11-14-09 at 05:12 AM.
    11-14-09 05:04 AM
    FALSE. Deleting it using the menu on the icon is the same thing.

o my bad i was under the impression this only removed the icon and it was still archived in memory.
    11-14-09 05:10 AM
    o my bad i was under the impression this only removed the icon and it was still archived in memory.
    No worries. The hide option will hide the icon. The delete option will delete the entire app, and usually prompt for a reboot so it can be entirely removed from the system. BlackBerry apps are extremely modular and everything comes with them when you delete them, so you don't have a bunch of cleanup to do later. The only exception is when an app specifically stores something on your SD card, like the backup file QuickLaunch creates or the loader that Slacker uses to put cached stations on your SD card. In situations like that, the helper files might linger on your SD card, but the app itself is totally gone no matter which way you delete it. I added a second pic above to show you what you see if you choose to delete from the system menu.
    11-14-09 05:17 AM
    Thanks for your help guys.
    I know theres obviously a vast difference between a BB and a Windows desktop, but I was thinking along the same lines, that programs can still leave traces behind when deleted. Because of that I've always used Loader to remove programs, but I'm continuously trying and removing new ones so it can be a pain if I don't go on my computer for days.

Paul
    11-14-09 05:32 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD