Everytime I go and remove an app from the Applications List in the Options menu, it asks if I want to restart with Yes/No options but I can't select either one and my Tour automatically restarts. Since the reboot takes forever I'd rather just let my automatic reboot at night take care of the reboot. Is there another way to remove apps without having to reboot without a choice? Does this happen with every Tour/Blackberry?
    09-05-09 09:02 AM
    It happens with all blackberries. No way around it.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    09-05-09 09:03 AM
    It depends on the application. Some require a reset and some dont. Same way when you install an app and it prompts for a reset after download. Completely normal, and needs to be done for proper install/removal.
    09-05-09 09:03 AM
    yeah it happens to all of us. I hate that it takes upwards of five minutes to reboot but some applications require that to be erased from the apps memory.

Look on the bright side though, a reboot is clearing memory for you so your Berry will run smoother when you need it. It's almost worth the five minutes to get it to run clean and smooth. Restart it, then go find something to do for a few minutes. It might be back up when you're done with all that lol.
    09-05-09 09:06 AM
    allthough a restart is a good thing to do,i allso have the bb tour,and i can select y/n,so 4 some reason ive never had this happen to me,just thought id let u no.
    09-05-09 11:47 AM
    I don't mind the reboot too much since I do not remove many applications but what I can't figure out is why it takes SO LONG to remove an app. I removed Viingo a few weeks ago and it took like 15 minutes before the reboot started. Add on the 10 minute reboot cycle and I was without a phone for almost a half hour!

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    09-05-09 12:08 PM
    I don't mind the reboot too much since I do not remove many applications but what I can't figure out is why it takes SO LONG to remove an app. I removed Viingo a few weeks ago and it took like 15 minutes before the reboot started. Add on the 10 minute reboot cycle and I was without a phone for almost a half hour!
    I am having the same problem. When I delete an app, my Tour becomes unresponsive for WAY TO LONG (we're talking 5-10 minutes). Very annoying.

Is this normal? Something wrong with my Tour? Can I delete apps more quickly via the desktop manager? Help!
    09-05-09 10:22 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD