I removed Slacker radio several days ago and chose to delete the application. I just looked and it is still showing up under my home screen. I hit the BB menu bottom for an option to remove it and nothing is there? How do I get rid of the icon if the application has been deleted?

Thanks,
    Michael
    07-30-09 10:03 AM
    Have your performed a battery pull? This usually clears a deleted app icon.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    07-30-09 10:17 AM
    Believe it or not, I think Verizon is streaming the Slacker Radio Icon to ALL tours. I have slacker installed and STILL had a 2nd slacker Icon show up on my home screen the other day. If you click on it however, it prompts you for an install like all of the rest of the prebuilt in links for applications (ie.facebook, aol, etc etc.) if you dont want it, simply "hide" it in your options. The application itself is not on your phone, just the icon and link.
    07-30-09 10:18 AM
    I bet it's getting pushed down my verizon. Just hide the icon if you don't have the app installed. People are saying it's just showing up verizon is just pushing that icon down for that app.
    07-30-09 10:19 AM
    Slacker is being pushed out by Verizon now, so the icon is there from the Service Books...

I created a Folder called "Unused Icons", and move all that stuff in there (like Flickr, MySpace, etc..) - and I just hide it. Its a pain that we can't get rid of that stuff completely, but the work around isn't so bad. (and that folder also has some other things I just don't use but wouldn't necessary delete, like Search and Help).
    07-30-09 10:24 AM
    Ok, thanks all...I will just hide the icon.
    07-30-09 10:24 AM
    +1 on being pushed
    07-30-09 10:26 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD