I removed the google/google maps app from my 8830 WE because I had to do a battery pull every day (sometimes 3 times in a day) to relieve the dreaded hourglass of doom. that was a week ago and no battery pulls since. Is there an upgraded google/google maps or is my 8830 just too old to handle it? Sure miss Google maps!
    06-09-10 09:47 PM
    I removed the google/google maps app from my 8830 WE because I had to do a battery pull every day (sometimes 3 times in a day) to relieve the dreaded hourglass of doom. that was a week ago and no battery pulls since. Is there an upgraded google/google maps or is my 8830 just too old to handle it? Sure miss Google maps!
    I have a Tour & no problems unless I dont shut down google maps properly, if I leave running in the background it does drain memory
    06-09-10 10:26 PM
    Yeah when your done with google maps, exit it and make sure it isn't running in the background. If it is then it will be constantly connected to your gps eating up memory battery and data.

So do what you do with all apps and close it when your done, and if you don't ever close apps start doing that to.

Never hit the end call button when finished with something always hit your bb button and scroll to close or exit.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    06-10-10 12:24 PM
    have been doing the BB menu and exit/close thing for a while, its good advise.
    06-10-10 10:09 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD