I have a Bold that I use on T-Mobile therefore Visual Voice Mail doesn't work for me. How can I remove this? I see it listed in the application list but when I hit the menu button to delete it, delete isn't an option. I don't know how much memory it takes up but I would rather get back whatever amount of memory it is using.
    09-12-09 03:47 PM
    I can't imagine that it takes up that much room. I would just hide the icon.
    09-12-09 03:50 PM
    unplug BB

1) Go to C:\Program Files\Common Files\Research In Motion\Shared\Loader Files\ and find the file 'net_rim_bb_vmm'.

2) Use notepad to edit net_rim_bb_vmm. Find and change "required" from true to false. This will allow vmm to be uncheck and unselected instead of forced in the install or upgrade process.

3) Save the file - VISTA USERS PLEASE NOTE: If you have trouble saving the file from notepad, save it to the desktop and then manually move it to C:\Program Files\Common Files\Research In Motion\Shared\Loader Files\

4) Start Desktop manager

5) Connect Bold

6) Go to Apploader - use Add/Remove Programs

7) uncheck the Visual Voice Mail box

8) proceed with updating
    SCrid2000 likes this.
    09-12-09 03:59 PM
    I don't have the net_rim_bb_vmm file to edit. Once I get into the Loader Files folder the only folder is for my old 8320.
    09-12-09 04:28 PM
    I don't have the net_rim_bb_vmm file to edit. Once I get into the Loader Files folder the only folder is for my old 8320.
    You'll have to install the BlackBerry OS you have, or newer on your computer then. If you don't see it in the Loader folder, then you may have never installed it, or uninstalled it.

After you install it, go through the above process, and you should be good...
    09-12-09 09:30 PM
    When I did the .297 update I did it OTA so thats why there is no loader folder. I will go that route. Thanks.
    09-12-09 10:21 PM
    Magical. You get a wizard hat for the day. It says "hax0r" on it and has a star.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    09-13-09 03:07 AM
    This looks like the solution I'm looking for, BUT ...

I don't have a "Shared" folder within my

--------------- C:\Program Files\Common Files\Research In Motion\ ---------------

directory.

I am interested (to re-cap) in figuring out how to get rid of Visual Voice Mail, which came mandatorily bundled with the latest software update for the BB. I'm very very very annoyed that it (a) interferes with normal Voice Mail, (b) was never requested by me, and (c) doesn't allow itself to be removed by normal means (such as a simple menu-click and then hitting "delete" dangit!).

Perhaps I need to "put" my BB's software onto my regular computer's hard drive first, then edit it, then re-install it back onto the BB? Or something similar. How would I do that?

I am running a BB Bold (9000) with 4.6.0.297 and have AT&T wireless service.

(posted similar query at http://forums.crackberry.com/f95/uni...-238-a-332307/ )
    10-18-09 03:30 PM
    It seems like it would be easier to just use BBSAK to remove the packages from your phone.
    10-18-09 03:37 PM
    It seems like it would be easier to just use BBSAK to remove the packages from your phone.
    Way way kewl. Thanks for the pointer. Never really heard of BBSAK before.
    10-18-09 04:12 PM
    You must remove them one at a time there is like 6 or 7 packages.. takes all of 30 seconds or so.
    10-18-09 04:28 PM
    unplug BB

1) Go to C:\Program Files\Common Files\Research In Motion\Shared\Loader Files\ and find the file 'net_rim_bb_vmm'.

2) Use notepad to edit net_rim_bb_vmm. Find and change "required" from true to false. This will allow vmm to be uncheck and unselected instead of forced in the install or upgrade process.

3) Save the file - VISTA USERS PLEASE NOTE: If you have trouble saving the file from notepad, save it to the desktop and then manually move it to C:\Program Files\Common Files\Research In Motion\Shared\Loader Files\

4) Start Desktop manager

5) Connect Bold

6) Go to Apploader - use Add/Remove Programs

7) uncheck the Visual Voice Mail box

8) proceed with updating
    Worked like a charm, Thanks!
    10-28-09 06:09 AM
    Ur a genius, thanks!
    11-26-09 03:04 AM
    Wow the search feature in this forum is nice! Did a search for "delete visual voicemail", found this thread, and now its gone. Thanks guys.
    12-02-09 09:38 PM
    +1 Thank You!
    12-03-09 01:16 AM
    Wow the search feature in this forum is nice! Did a search for "delete visual voicemail", found this thread, and now its gone. Thanks guys.
    I applaud you. Normally one would just start another thread asking the same thing that's been asked and answered already, sometimes several times. If people actually searched before starting new threads there would probably be half as many threads on this site as there are now.
    12-03-09 11:54 AM
    Rats... I deleted the six vvm modules using the Master Control Program, and now my Bold 9700 does not survive the reboot (It stalls after the progress bar completes). What now? Am I nuked?

Update... I tried the boot again and waited a lonnnnng time, finally came up, seems ok.
    Last edited by rlfisher; 12-21-09 at 11:47 AM. Reason: Impatience
    12-21-09 11:42 AM
    You must remove them one at a time there is like 6 or 7 packages.. takes all of 30 seconds or so.
    you can actually remove multiple cod's at a time - just press shift and the arrow keys to choose multiple files.
    01-22-10 12:06 AM
    I've tried searching my computer for the file to edit..but its not on my computer. I've looked for the specific folders and I also ran a search on my laptop..any ideas?
    02-08-10 10:30 AM
    I've tried searching my computer for the file to edit..but its not on my computer. I've looked for the specific folders and I also ran a search on my laptop..any ideas?
    Try removing the CODs using BBSAK.

Posted from my BlackBerry using BerryBlab
    02-08-10 12:50 PM
    I've been having the SAME issue with my beloved BB just randomly rebooting. It didn't start happening to me until I upgraded to .297 AND enabled VVM thru AT&T. For kicks I downgraded again to .167 and "magic"; no resets. I did find out thru AT&T that VVM is not available on this OS so I just removed it from my account settings.

The AT&T rep told me that it must be a hardware is; that I sould replace it under warranty but this doesn't make sense to me since the downgrade seemed to fix the issue.

Is there any reason I should be concerned with running on this older OS for the lifetime of my phone?
    02-13-10 03:19 PM
    I have a Bold that I use on T-Mobile therefore Visual Voice Mail doesn't work for me. How can I remove this? I see it listed in the application list but when I hit the menu button to delete it, delete isn't an option. I don't know how much memory it takes up but I would rather get back whatever amount of memory it is using.
    I have a bb 8900 that I upgrade to OS 5.0. I am also on t-mobile network. I also had nothing in my shared folder except for a folder that said 8900 5.0. I tried the first method of changing the vmm file suggested in one of the early replies to no avail. I saw another suggestion about changing the vvm. Alx within the java folder and voila I could remove Visual Voicemail with my desktop mgr. Give it a try

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    02-16-10 02:30 PM
    or Shrink-A-OS
    02-16-10 04:15 PM
    Is visual voicemail is good? and how do you get it?
    02-16-10 04:19 PM
    If you are running a 5.0 OS with VVM, you could just enable VVM, it works...just saying
    02-16-10 04:22 PM
48 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD