I use gmail and google apps and have my mail sent to my phone. I like the way the old OS*4.6* handled gmail more then this "enhanced gmail plugin" thing.

can i remove it and go back to the old way?
    06-14-10 03:44 PM
    I'm on 4.6 and I'm interested in what differences there are with using the plug-in as opposed to without?
    06-15-10 04:48 PM
    The enhanced gmail plug in basically threads conversations similar to the way gmail actually does it on the computer. Many who get a lot of emails prefer it.

In order to remove this, you would need to remove the COD files from your device, you can use a program like BBSak to achieve this.

*note - if you use the messages folder instead of the gmail folder - it will appear the older way where each message is individual
    06-15-10 04:51 PM
    I didn't have the gmail COD files for some reason.
    So i ended up deleting the accounts and re-adding fake email addresses (getting the error) then modifying them and adding the gmail info manually.

and BAM no enhanced gmail stuff

however, with 4.6 there was two way sync (IMAP) now there is not.. oh well. back to original... still better then the "threaded feature" and the "lets move your spam messages into th message folder instead of the email folder" crap
    Last edited by realized; 06-15-10 at 05:06 PM.
    06-15-10 05:01 PM
    Gmail never had two-way sync, on either OS. They claimed to have done it recently with the latest release of BIS 3.0 but from my experiences, it still doesn't work.
    06-15-10 05:48 PM
    right before i upgraded i had 2 way sync on whatever the offiicial OS was for AT&T (4.6.something i believe)

if i went online to my gmail account (google apps to be exact), and sent an email, it would show up with a CHECK MARK on my blackberry.

it was great.
    06-15-10 07:49 PM
    right before i upgraded i had 2 way sync on whatever the offiicial OS was for AT&T (4.6.something i believe)

if i went online to my gmail account (google apps to be exact), and sent an email, it would show up with a CHECK MARK on my blackberry.

it was great.
    But when you read/deleted an item on Gmail, did it mark as read/deleted on your BB? That was one of things that never seemed to have worked for anybody. It worked from BB to Gmail, but not the other way around.
    06-16-10 09:41 AM
    It works fine on mine, it just takes a few hours. If I mark a message as read on the web, it marks it as read on the device. If I delete it on the web it drops off my device...It just takes a few hours.
    06-16-10 12:00 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD