Does anyone know if it is possible to remove apps from My World? I can't seem to find a way. It just lists them all. I ask because I've tried out a few applications I didn't like and then uninstalled them, but they still show up in My World.

I've even tried uninstalling App World and reinstalling, but that did not seem to help.
    04-07-09 09:21 AM
    Does anyone know if it is possible to remove apps from My World? I can't seem to find a way. It just lists them all. I ask because I've tried out a few applications I didn't like and then uninstalled them, but they still show up in My World.

I've even tried uninstalling App World and reinstalling, but that did not seem to help.
    It looks like it keeps a record of any App that you have downloaded and installed. Is it really a big deal if the list always shows up? It is just a record of your account.
    04-07-09 09:28 AM
    It looks like it keeps a record of any App that you have downloaded and installed. Is it really a big deal if the list always shows up? It is just a record of your account.
    No, it isn't a big deal. I just like to keep things neat. And I'd prefer not to have to scroll through a bunch of stupid games I downloaded and then removed if I didn't have to. Makes sense, I guess, since there is no desktop client. But the option to remove would be nice.
    04-07-09 09:44 AM
    it needs to stay there so when you pay for an app and uninstall your can reinstall at a later time
    04-07-09 11:28 AM
    Well, when App World first came out, I downloaded Slacker, but after a few minutes I uninstalled. I then installed the .27 update of App World and after my Curve restarted, I noticed Slacker disappeared from My World.
    04-07-09 12:24 PM
    I figured it out but it's a pain but worth it in the end. I uninstalled app world from my blackberry and re installed it with the OTA link. It took less than 5 minutes to do everything. I downloaded a bunch of stuff and uninstalled most of it and they were in my app world still at it was annoying having them all on there. All the apps that are still on my phone are still on app world.
    05-22-09 04:59 AM
    its still a pain in the a**...
    It is always there when you update your phone even if you removed it well if you stay offline that would be great lol
    05-22-09 05:20 AM
    few more minutes of surfing and I have found the answer! I needed to clear the My World cache:

1) Go to My World

2) Open the keyboard

3) Press and hold the num-lock (!?123) button so it locks in the numbers keyboard

4) Press the following in sequence: 3, then 4, then (

If the phone locks up, you may need to perform a battery pull reboot, but your cache should now be clear and deleted programs will no longer appear in My World.
    04-09-10 02:42 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD