Hello all

I have an everfocus standalone DVR setup to monitor my home and it can be viewed remotely via the internet. I can view it from any pc with a internet connection. It is java based video server. I have tried to log into it via my bb using the bb browser and opera mini 4.1 neither will connect. I have also tried a pc based DVR which is not a java based video server and had the same problem.
    Any suggestions of what I might be doing wrong?
    I have read somewhere that treo's(gasp! I can't believe I said a bad word!lol) can view the DVR's remotely.
    Does anyone know of a 3rd party app that would work?
    Thanks for your help,
    clive
    11-14-08 05:39 AM
    1. Check out Livestream.com

2. I think that you have to have to connect to your video server via the regular browser as it supports the JAVA requirements.

3. find out if the software used with your everfocus DVR is compatible with the blackberry. So far, Livestream and MOBIscope are the only two companies that are on point with the remote camera stuff. Unfortunately, they both cost money and you already have the software, hardware and required parts.

4. I am not certain if there is an application that will allow you to view remote cameras on your own with your own equipment.

Dm
    11-14-08 01:26 PM
    Argus Remote Surveillance / free download

Closest thing I could find but nothing exists for blackberries.
    We are the outcasts of the cellphone community..and it's all RIM's fault.

Dm
    11-14-08 01:31 PM
    i'll theck those app's out, thanks for your help.
    11-16-08 09:17 AM
    Detman,

I just checked out those 3 app's you listed...they all work with web cam's or ip cameras, mine are akready connected to a standalone DVR which can connect upto 16(i'm only using 6 right now). I gues what I need is a browser on my bb that is able to view a remote video server. I don't know what else I can do.
    thanks for your help.
    clive
    11-16-08 09:46 AM
    That's the point that I failed in making. You already have the hardware and basically everything you need. You just need a web server to log into to see your feed.

The only way I know of to get that working is using an ACE'd VMWare image of windows server 2003 running the webservice that can be logged onto with a crackberry to access your hardware feeds.

However, a hardware host would have to be acquired to run the ACE'd VM.

Did your hardware come with any software for broadcasting your webcam feeds?

Dm
    11-17-08 08:45 AM
    1 dvr did come with client software to install on remote pc's to allow remote view but it can't be installed on a bb-I already tried.
    all my dvr's can be remote viewed through a browser-but it requires java, of flash..
    11-18-08 05:06 AM
    Find out if your software will display a single still image (e.g. JPEG) in a browser. I'm in a similar situation and it works for me. No video but I can look at a constantly refreshed still image.
    11-18-08 11:53 AM
    no it does not display a single still image. but thanks
    what kind of DVR do you have?
    11-18-08 05:08 PM
    Ok, I finally got this to work, I downloaded ORB to my pc, installed a x-10 model va11a usb video adapter. The x-10 adapter shows up under orb as a webcam, streams very well to my phone, no monthly bills for the service(other than my data package), the video size is small, but at least I can see whats going on, I can also pause the stream if I see someone at the door, and if I use capture it 1.0 I can take a snap shot of who it is. Just got this working today( I had the x-10 device laying around for a while, and finally thought to try this, you can pick it up on ebay for about $25) so i'll be testing this for a while and will post any new findings for others who are trying to do something similar.

good luck
    11-30-08 04:33 PM
    I tried the orb app 3 times in the first 30 min and it worked great, now it's not streaming the camera feed, not sure if moving the usb adapter to another usb port had anything to do with it, but I restarted the computer and the bb...not sure whats going on yet
    follow up: seems to be ORB is the problem, my pc keeps losing conection with the ORB server for some reason(but I can still browse the internet while I supposedly lost connection to ORB???go figure?) anyway, i'm in the process of re-installing and seting up ORB...we'll see where this goes, thought I had a solution for this problem...oh well it may still work out, i'll keep posting updates as I have them
    Last edited by fisherclive; 11-30-08 at 07:44 PM.
    11-30-08 06:20 PM
    OK ORB has been touch and go, sometime it works, sometimes it doesn't...I keep getting either an error when trying to connect/stream video on the bb and have to do a battery pull and then mess with the settings on ORB, or I get a message saying device error.
    I have downloaded and setup mobiscope, i'm using the free trial right now and it seems to work so far, the playback screen size is bigger than on ORB.
    12-01-08 04:52 AM
    well, i have mobiscope setup and working flawlessly. i've pretty much given up on live stream, not too sue about orb-i like the fact i can access my pictures from my pc on my bb with orb
    good luck
    clive
    12-01-08 07:14 PM
    how did you get mobiscope to work with a standalone dvr? i have mobiscope and a standalone dvr controlling 9 cameras. The only camera that mobiscope picks up is my web cam attached to the monitor of my pc!
    12-31-08 03:53 PM
    I ran the monitor out of the dvr to a x-10va11a that is connected to my pc. then installed the mobiscope client on my pc, it sees the va11a as a webcam so that you can view it from your BB.
    01-01-09 10:14 AM
    Hello can someone help me out i have EverFocus ESDR400H i can view it fine on the internet and from other places but the thing is i want to view on my blackberry 9300 can someone help me or let me know of a app that is free and i can view everything live?

I would be great if someone can help me out

Thanks you mike
    11-06-11 11:25 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD