I have bought the remote print app but can't seem to make it talk to my printer, it keeps saying connect error: java.io.IOException.Timed out.
    I have checked the IP adress and the port, but it seems to keep coming up with this error when I test. I have gone into commands and double checked the IP address and it is correct-what else can I try?
    01-06-11 12:55 PM
    Does this print app work via WiFi or Bluetooth? Might need to reset the printer and try again. I'd also try turning off the WiFi/Bt on the phone, power cycling it, and turning back on. It could be some log created and on the Java folder that needs to be cleared as well. I personally don't know how to do that separately without doing a master reset, but I'd try the first couple things first before performing any security wipe.
    Lotsasmiles likes this.
    01-06-11 01:09 PM
    You have a choice of BES or WiFi-I chose WiFi-I have a similar print app for my ipad and that works fine on the IP address and port no so don't know why this doesn't?
    01-06-11 01:22 PM
    Sounds like some sort of incompatibility problem. I'd still try reseting the printer and battery pull on the phone. Some apps don't work properly without a battery pull first...
    Lotsasmiles likes this.
    01-06-11 01:26 PM
    I turned printer off and on, a battery pull but still no joy. I am at a loss as to why it won't print.
    01-06-11 01:41 PM
    I assume you're connected to the same WiFi network on both devices... right? I'd read through the directions in the app market on how to use it, there may be some specific set up function or step that you have to take, which may not seem necessary or logical to you, but might be in order to make it perform as intended.
    Lotsasmiles likes this.
    01-06-11 02:53 PM
    I have gone through the setup instructions thoroughly-it has a read first instruction guide. I am connected to same WiFi network on both devices.
    01-06-11 03:08 PM
    Maybe the app just isn't compatible with the printer?

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    01-06-11 09:34 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD