If you are a heavy user of the Blackberry calendar and schedule a lot of events, then this app is what you have been looking for. It integrates with your calendar, contacts, and maps. You can schedule an event, send reminder notices to participants in your BB contacts list, and even specify a location.

Once you create an event in RemindMe it will be entered into your calendar. No duplicate entries necessary. When you create an event a balloon icon will appear in the notification bar. On the day of the event the balloon will change to a cake.

Options and features:
    - set the number of days for reminder for upcoming events
    - choose whether to create Calendar appointment for a new special event
    - choose whether to create reminder in Calendar for a new special event
    - Super App experience
    - Integration with Calendar
    - Integration with Contacts
    - Integration with BB Maps/Google Maps
    - Automatic mail reminders
    - Three different types of notification icons
    - Visible indicator in phone notification area
    - FREE upgrades for life

This app was selected in the first round of the SuperApp challenge.

Buy RemindMe at this link: RemindMe - The Reminder Super App (Regional Selection in BB Challenge 2010) - Business BlackBerry Apps
    10-04-10 11:16 PM
    RemindMe Minor update:

- All participants will be displayed with an email address
    - Added option to show/hide participant email address (checked by default)
    - Support for contacts with more than one email address (such contacts will be added as multiple participants)
    10-07-10 02:33 AM
    This looks very useful. Thanks for posting it.
    10-08-10 09:41 AM
    Always looking for ways to stay more organized and to be reminded appts. If the price is right, will give this one a try.

thank you
    10-08-10 11:23 PM
    Another update:

- Support for yearly recurrent events
    - Fixed issue "Automatic reminders sent twice in some cases"
    10-16-10 04:54 AM
    RemindMe updated to version 1.04.28

- Additional icon set (green/yellow/red traffic light) to choose in Options
    10-26-10 02:35 AM
    Another minor update (latest version is 1.06.31)

- Fixed issue "Bigger font causes Options malfunction"
    - Fixed issue "Warnings are computed with one day off"
    11-03-10 05:40 AM
    RemindMe updated to 1.08

- Added menu option "Import From Contacts", which allows importing birthdays and anniversaries from Contacts
    - Events with yearly recurrence and start year in the past will be recomputed correctly
    11-25-10 08:43 AM
    hm, taking a peek....
    11-25-10 12:38 PM
    This Application is sweet and it does what it says!

However, I do have a question... How can I batch Import from the Calendar? Is that possible. I have a LOT of contacts and adding them one by one would simple make it way to difficult and time consuming.

Let me know!
    11-25-10 09:10 PM
    Hi,

Batch import is not possible at the moment but we will implement this for sure. Next update will be pushed early next week, so just wait few days and you'll be able to import all contact birthdays at once
    11-25-10 11:52 PM
    ^ That'd be sweet. What's really, really missing (in my opinion, anyway) is a way of setting an all day reminder (so it appears in my Today feed on my homescreen) *but* also allows reminders to be sent at a certain time for that event.

At the mo, I get an email at midnight I think for anything taking place the next day.

I'd also like to be able to set a reminder option of sms, email, or both.

That'd kick ***.

Last wish ... allow the user to deifine their 'advance warning' time as being say, 1 minute as opposed to the standard 1 hr, 2 hrs etc.

If this lot was implemented, I'd have no use for anything else.

Cheers for the updates
    11-26-10 08:51 AM
    I was wondering if you could have an option for NO BACKGROUND? So the text floats over what is existing? But I think that is a tough one to do as it is an background replacement. For some reason I am unable to select the image that was used on my Theme. Is that even possible? LOL

Also for some reason all my reminders are one-day EARLIER than the date in the birthday/anniversay fields.

I am using this on a Torch with OS6.
    Last edited by mcfz; 11-27-10 at 12:06 PM.
    11-27-10 10:53 AM
    ^ That'd be sweet. What's really, really missing (in my opinion, anyway) is a way of setting an all day reminder (so it appears in my Today feed on my homescreen) *but* also allows reminders to be sent at a certain time for that event.

At the mo, I get an email at midnight I think for anything taking place the next day.

I'd also like to be able to set a reminder option of sms, email, or both.

That'd kick ***.

Last wish ... allow the user to deifine their 'advance warning' time as being say, 1 minute as opposed to the standard 1 hr, 2 hrs etc.
    Valid points But it will take some time to get all of this implemented, we'll do it one by one

Also for some reason all my reminders are one-day EARLIER than the date in the birthday/anniversay fields.
    Hm, probably something with the time zone is wrong, will double-check this

I was wondering if you could have an option for NO BACKGROUND? So the text floats over what is existing? But I think that is a tough one to do as it is an background replacement. For some reason I am unable to select the image that was used on my Theme.
    I guess you mean BigClock here Unfortunately not possible It is not possible to extract the current background image, the only chance is to get the image from the theme developer, save it to the MediaCard and to use it as background image in BigClock
    11-29-10 06:57 AM
    Brilliant
    11-29-10 07:38 AM
    I hope you can find the DATE-ISSUE! Thanks!
    11-29-10 09:07 AM
    Here is the promised update It took longer than expected because of some issues with Backup/Restore

***** New in version 1.9 *****
    - In Options added button "Import All Events From Contacts" which allows importing all birthdays and anniversaries from Contacts at once
    - Fixed issues with Backup/Restore
    - Button "Export Data" (in Options) renamed to "Backup Data"
    - Button "Import Data" (in Options) renamed to "Restore Data"
    - Menu "Options" is accessible from main screen only

Now back to work to implement the other requests
    11-30-10 04:22 AM
    w00t. ThanQ. Updated
    11-30-10 06:51 AM
    I will give this a shot later today! Thanks!
    11-30-10 08:19 AM
    Issues I found... I am using a Torch 9800 w/OS6

1 - All my dates are off by ONE DAY (behind). So if I have someone with a bday of 4/17, it will show up in RemindMe as 4/16

2 - I can import all contacts (great!) but I can import and import and import and they will just keep piling up?

3 - It does not appear to be adding the Calendar entries anymore automatically? Maybe I am missing something.

Otherwise, keep up the great work
    12-19-10 07:38 PM
    Hi,

1) Which is your phone time zone (Options - Date/Time - TimeZone)?

2) Yes, unfortunately there is no synchronization with contacts, all birthdays will be imported again and again. Probably it is a good idea to add option "Delete All" just in case

3) There is an option to avoid creating Calendar events. Also you may have more than one Calendar (RemindMe uses the default one). Enter the Calendar app, menu option "Select Calendar...", choose "Show All" and you should see all events
    12-21-10 07:33 AM
    Hi,

1) Which is your phone time zone (Options - Date/Time - TimeZone)?

2) Yes, unfortunately there is no synchronization with contacts, all birthdays will be imported again and again. Probably it is a good idea to add option "Delete All" just in case

3) There is an option to avoid creating Calendar events. Also you may have more than one Calendar (RemindMe uses the default one). Enter the Calendar app, menu option "Select Calendar...", choose "Show All" and you should see all events
    1) Eastern (-5).

2) I think a Delete All would do the trick

3) I only have one calendar. In OS6, you go in to options and you can check which calendars are visible. My one calendar is.
    12-21-10 07:55 AM
    Re 3) Hmmm
    Actually if you import a birthday from Contacts, no event will be created in Calendar by RemindMe. Reason - when you enter a birthday in Contacts, Calendar event is created automatically, thus we want to avoid duplicated events in Calendar. However we can add an option, so you can choose if the event is created or not.

Re 1) and 2) - working on that
    12-22-10 08:56 AM
    3) Maybe you can create a process that checks to see if the entry already exists in the calender. If it does, skip, if it doesn not, add?

1 + 2) Thanks
    12-22-10 10:07 AM
    Any update at all?
    01-06-11 12:40 PM
27 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD