I am trying to find an alarm app that has multi-alarms and can use mp3s as alarms. I have found 3 or 4 on the CB App World but the reviews talk about memory loss, alarms not going off when the phone is switched off, or just not at all.

Has anyone come across a good alarm app (don't mind paying) that hasn't had these problems.

Also, I am running .151 hybrid if that makes a difference.
    08-04-09 02:04 PM
    Adorno! MultiAlarm Pro works well...Does what it's supposed to...I don't know if it will turn on the BB if it's off, I always leave mine on...My only complaint would be the absence of a backup feature...

http://software.crackberry.com/product.asp?id=25840&n=Adorno!-MultiAlarm-Pro
    08-04-09 02:26 PM
    I have read some quite bad reviews on the Storm for this about how if the keyboard is locked the alarm won't sound and the same if it is turned off. Anyone actually used it and found this to be the case?

Or does anyone have any other suggestions?
    08-06-09 02:29 PM
    you can create miltuple alarms in the calendar and set what you are looking for up for free. Quite nice actually having different alarms everyday of the week
    08-06-09 03:15 PM
    I use BB Smart Alarms Pro and it works pretty well. Haven't ever tried it with the phone off or locked. I rarely lock my phone or turn it off. The only bug with it is that you have to use the alarms that are built into the app. The option to use custom alarm freezes my phone.
    08-06-09 03:34 PM
    Do you have the ability to chose an MP3 as an alarm in the calendar as well? That would solve all my problems
    08-06-09 03:34 PM
    Odd

Im using the standard BB clock program, and it plays the MP3 opening to Full Metal Jacket to wake me up, talk about a heart racing wakeup1

"I AM GUNNERY SGT HARTMAN YOUR SENIOR DRILL INSTRUCTOR" suddenly going off as loud as it can in your ear!

and I always turn my phone off (by holding power button to its soft off) and it turns the phone on and rings it at 7:58 am every day
    08-06-09 03:55 PM
    Ok, well I will play with the standard features and see if I can make it do
    08-06-09 04:26 PM
    I have read some quite bad reviews on the Storm for this about how if the keyboard is locked the alarm won't sound and the same if it is turned off. Anyone actually used it and found this to be the case?

Or does anyone have any other suggestions?
    I haven't had any real problems except for some reason some of my mp3s don't work, it will just vibrate. But you can figure which ones don't work by testing the mp3. The problem I have with using the calender is you can't set different alerts for different times. Just have to use the alert you set as ur default alert tone.
    08-06-09 08:12 PM
    Do you have the ability to chose an MP3 as an alarm in the calendar as well? That would solve all my problems
    while in the calender hit the bb button and select reminder alerts, from there select the sound profile that you want. scroll all the way to the top and select browse and your good to go!
    08-06-09 10:40 PM
    I believe to date only the built in alarm will switch the phone on. I also use BBSmart Alarms Pro and find it acceptable so far.
    08-07-09 05:36 AM
    Ok, well it looks like the built in alarm it is then for the time being. At least discovering that you can use (some) MP3s makes it more bearable.

I find it strange at some of the features that the BB lacks as standard (which I know has been discussed ad nauseam)
    08-07-09 08:50 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD