I have an 8310 Curve that is just non-stop problems for me. I'm running OS v4.5.0.182 and have a file free of 11545526. However I get regular hourglasses, slow response when typing and all around horrible everything. Currently I am running one app (ubertwitter) and am still having issues. The biggest this afternoon when I tried top open wap.crackberry.com and got a a white screen reading "app error". Even without any apps, this phone is still slow. And what's the point of a smartphone without apps? I'm guessing I'll have to wipe my phone again (seems to be once a month). At this rate I'll be leaving RIM for a Droid or something else, but since that wont be for another month or two, I need some help keeping my sanity. Any help would be greatly appreciated.
    01-22-10 05:04 PM
    Are you running a 3rd party theme? If you are, try switching to one of the BBDimension themes. A theme problem could cause all your symptoms.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    01-22-10 05:25 PM
    I don't know if it will help you or not but I was just told to do a soft reset, once a week through Tech support. They said it will keep the phone from slowing way down and freezing up.
    01-22-10 11:22 PM
    10 mbs is the min. memory to have free and you are way to close to that. Check out the bb 101's on saving memory. Some do a battery pull daily but you have too many apps, or too many running, or a memory hog app.
    01-23-10 03:28 AM
    what's the point of a smartphone without apps? ...
    Our generation (Curve/Pearl/World Edition) was the first of the consumer BlackBerry and created when 64 Mb was the maximum that generation of embedded CPU can accommodate.

At the time, it was plenty. Then came Applications.

Like you, I have struggled with maintaining adequate memory and a reasonable selection of Applications. BlackBerry App World / My World, has partially solved the problem by allowing us to archive application to the media card for a quick re-install.

That has helped, particularly when core applications like BlackBerry Messenger have grown to 3.6 Mb.
    01-23-10 10:26 AM
    I'm having the same problem...On my device i get an hourglass and a JUM error 182 with a reset indicator. When I reset nothing happens, same hourglass and error. Can't get past it...HELP!
    02-03-10 01:56 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD