hello all !

currently im still in a dilemma in choosing iphone 3gs or bb bold 9700 , and im not sure if i should ask it here .

ive read many forums and reviews, both gave same votings.

i am just wondering, after you downloaded an app in your BB, does it save to your internal memory or external memory card?

if it's saved into internal memory, can i transfer the app to the external memory?

please do tell me the reasons why you choose bb bold 9700 rather than iphone 3gs 16gb.

thanks alot for all of your prompt reply, if possible! )))
    04-25-10 12:35 PM
    hello all !

currently im still in a dilemma in choosing iphone 3gs or bb bold 9700 , and im not sure if i should ask it here .

ive read many forums and reviews, both gave same votings.

i am just wondering, after you downloaded an app in your BB, does it save to your internal memory or external memory card?

if it's saved into internal memory, can i transfer the app to the external memory?

please do tell me the reasons why you choose bb bold 9700 rather than iphone 3gs 16gb.

thanks alot for all of your prompt reply, if possible! )))
    Due to the instability of the speed of sd cards, RIM currently only allows the installation of apps to the internal memory on BB, This makes sense as some cards are just dog slow and this would result in a lot of undeserved negative feedback as the performance of the phone would lag.

I personally stay with BB because of its security. With encryption turned on and a password enabled, no one can gain access to my phone without wiping it and losing the files I have stored on there.

You need to personally weigh your needs/wants/desires for a phone/pocketpc.
    Do you need a workhorse or a gaming machine?
    Do you need quick/easy texting/email? Or do you need an unending supply of fart and lightsaber apps?
    04-25-10 12:44 PM
    Due to the instability of the speed of sd cards, RIM currently only allows the installation of apps to the internal memory on BB, This makes sense as some cards are just dog slow and this would result in a lot of undeserved negative feedback as the performance of the phone would lag.

I personally stay with BB because of its security. With encryption turned on and a password enabled, no one can gain access to my phone without wiping it and losing the files I have stored on there.

You need to personally weigh your needs/wants/desires for a phone/pocketpc.
    Do you need a workhorse or a gaming machine?
    Do you need quick/easy texting/email? Or do you need an unending supply of fart and lightsaber apps?
    so, does that mean that once the bb's internal memory is full, we cant download other apps or move to the external memory? im sorry, im still very unfamiliar with bb's stuffs. i really do need lots of guidance even thou ive read a few forums (it's still confusing!).

well, i dont really need a gaming machine as ive got a psp, but i rarely use it as im still a uni student, which means, ive got no time for games and such! hahaha.

i'm just wondering if bb has any radio ? or is there any free radio apps that i can download?
    04-25-10 01:15 PM
    Apps are stored in application memory. There is a limit but the 9700 has plenty for lots of apps. Not to worry.

An added SdF card can hold pics, movies, and music.

Check out Slacker, Pandora, and Flycast for free radio apps.

BB has plenty of fun function in a workhorse device.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    04-25-10 01:36 PM
    If you are considering the 9700, you wont have to worry about running out of app memory. The 9700 has a ton of app memory, I have 25 apps and 6 or 7 custom themes and still have 98MB free memory-thats a lot more space.
    04-25-10 02:08 PM
    ooooh. alright.

thanks sedalis, rdyoung and pilsbury for your help !

ive decided to get myself a blackberry ! )))

but now there's another problem,

blackberry bold 9700
    or
    blackberry storm 1 ?

is the only difference about the touchscreen and keypad only? or are there other differences between those 2?
    04-25-10 11:42 PM
    Storm1 was garbage...trust me you want the 9700. Best BB ever made!
    04-26-10 01:00 AM
    Get both 3GS and BB 9700

but honestly speaking between Storm 1 and BB 9700, get the 9700
    04-26-10 01:55 AM
    Get both 3GS and BB 9700
    Precisely what I did. Both are excellent devices.
    04-26-10 01:57 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD