...by deleting the WSJ application.

Bare with me here, this could be an isolated issue.

I've had my BBstorm since Dec 23rd, it's on Telus. About a week later i downloaded (from the CB OTA thread): Opera Mini, AP Mobile, YouTube, WSJ, & Viigo. (Thank you for that thread btw)

About a week later, and for the passed two weeks my device has hesitated to do simple actions (highlighting icons, accelerometer functions, opening programs/sms ..etc). Lately just pushing unlock button causes the spinning clock to appear.

Yesterday i checked my application memory and discovered it was at 0mb. I was shocked as i was running above 30mb just after downloading the applications to begin with.

I elected to remove a few applications to see if this was the issue and randomly picked WSJ to go first (use it the least). It took 30 mins to remove...with constant clock ticking...finally it restarted and since, it's been incredibly fast, all the trivial functions are speedy and responsive. Best of all i am running at 33mb of free app space.

Like i said, this could be an isolated issue...but might serve as a good 'watch-out' if people with this app experience similar issues.

Thanks.
    01-11-09 03:55 PM
    If you had it set to download and save all the articles, that makes sense. This is the case with WSJ, Viigo, etc. It's not always a memory leak, but rather the application doing what it's supposed to.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    01-11-09 04:17 PM
    Quick ? What is wsj?

01-11-09 09:25 PM
    Quick ? What is wsj?

Wall Street Journal
    01-11-09 09:29 PM
    gotta love the wsj
    01-11-09 09:30 PM
    I'm still pretty new to all this, but it seems that the reboot after the uninstall might have more to do with the memory being reclaimed. The storm needs a good reboot almost daily (I.e. Battery pull or "quickpull" app. Good info I have found on this forum.

01-12-09 12:05 AM
    ^^I inherently distrust that information. Truth or not, that doesn't seem right to me.

As an update, the rest of the 'auto-download' apps i have (viigo, AP news...) are all working well...my BB is still just as fast as i was happy to report in the original post.

I think it's WSJ. . . .
    01-12-09 08:29 AM
    I agree it doesn't seem right. Watch your memory over a day period (decline), do a re boot, then look again. When I first got my storm, I noticed the performance decline until I had the same performance issues. Now I re boot every day or two,and have been issue free.
    Just give it a try. It doesn't cost anything. :-)

Rich

01-12-09 11:30 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD