Hello everyone.

I am currently having an issue with a client that doesn't seem to remember what we discuss while on conference calls. Is there an app that will record my calls?

Can anyone help me?
    11-23-09 02:04 PM
    I think it's illegal to record without the other person's consent, not sure if this app will ever be "publicly" made?
    11-23-09 02:06 PM
    Alex,

Good point. Thank you for your quick response.
    11-23-09 02:07 PM
    Alex,

Good point. Thank you for your quick response.
    Depends on your state. For example, in Texas only one party needs to know the conversation is being recorded, and that one party can be you.
    11-23-09 02:29 PM
    Exactly. But then most states require the consent of only one party to the conversation. Two-party consent (or *all* party consent) states, to the best of my knowledge, are the following:

California
    Connecticut
    Florida
    Illinois
    Maryland
    Massachusetts
    Michigan
    Montana
    Nevada
    New Hampshire
    Pennsylvania
    Washington

NOTE that I take no responsibility for the accuracy of the aforementioned list. Further, care should be taken with interstate calls (playing with fire if you're in a one-party consent state and record a call with others, without their consent, who happen to be in a all-party consent state).
    11-23-09 04:48 PM
    google voice will record calls; press 4 while in a call and it will record.

bill
    11-23-09 09:10 PM
    Whats the big deal though, can't you just tell the client that due to some reason, like maybe due to your insurance you have to record all your calls now.
    11-23-09 09:23 PM
    RIM doesn't provide APIs to record calls. And they probably never will, for these reasons.
    11-24-09 09:41 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD