I, too, would like to see this app, especially for CSRs. This woulda come in handy with the thousands of Sprint CSRs I had to deal with when I was trying to resolve the thousands of issues I had with billing.
    11-01-09 04:22 PM
    I, too, would like to see this app, especially for CSRs. This woulda come in handy with the thousands of Sprint CSRs I had to deal with when I was trying to resolve the thousands of issues I had with billing.
    there are plenty of options besides from a cell phone to record calls, many with USB dongles that plug into the phone jack, and the software on the computer records both sides automatically when the line is in use. I use one such product on the Mac for that. If you're calling a cell phone CSR, and it's relating to changes on your phone, you'l need to be not using your cell anyhow.
    11-01-09 04:37 PM
    there are plenty of options besides from a cell phone to record calls, many with USB dongles that plug into the phone jack, and the software on the computer records both sides automatically when the line is in use. I use one such product on the Mac for that. If you're calling a cell phone CSR, and it's relating to changes on your phone, you'l need to be not using your cell anyhow.
    But I don't wanna need my laptop for recording calls. And you only need to be not using your cell phone if it's a hardware related issue needing fixed, not billing issues.
    11-01-09 06:35 PM
    But I don't wanna need my laptop for recording calls. And you only need to be not using your cell phone if it's a hardware related issue needing fixed, not billing issues.
    use a bluetooth land-line dock then. utilizes your cell phone as a landline, basically. it's also a great thing to have in this day in age as people drop their landlines in favor of a cell phone only. It allows for all your phones in the house to use the cell phone as a source. As soon as you walk in the house, the bluetooth connection is reestablish and your landline phones take over.

Phonelabs - Dock N Talk, Universal cell phone Docking Station, cable and bluetooth enabled connection

you may not want to use your computer to record the conversations, but I wouldn't want to keep them centrally just stored on my phone.
    11-01-09 06:42 PM
    Here's the official answer from RIM:

"This is not supported within the BlackBerry API set. Applications are not able to record phone calls."
    11-02-09 12:03 AM
    in NYS, "at least" one party must be aware of a recorded conversation in order for it to fall within the lines of "legal" or even better, "admissible in court!"
    11-02-09 12:12 AM
    The law in most countries is that you cannot record a phone call without the conset of the other caller.

Not a fun app for the creator seeing as he can get into legal troubles

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    11-02-09 12:26 AM
    The law in most countries is that you cannot record a phone call without the conset of the other caller.

Not a fun app for the creator seeing as he can get into legal troubles

legal troubles for what??? developing an app??? I think not!

when that becomes illegal, let me know so I can move to ..... Holland
    11-02-09 07:11 AM
    legal troubles for what??? developing an app??? I think not!

when that becomes illegal, let me know so I can move to ..... Holland
    For making the app... look when PSP CFW came out the creator added ISO launcher to enable reading ISOs off your memory stick (this saves you energy from your UMD drive so longer battery life and faster loading times) but then pirates started to just download and play... same issue here, he is supporting or technically updating something that is already illegal

You need the consent of the other person to actually record the call... he would get into legal troubles for developing an app that causes something illegal to occur.
    11-02-09 08:42 AM
    For making the app... look when PSP CFW came out the creator added ISO launcher to enable reading ISOs off your memory stick (this saves you energy from your UMD drive so longer battery life and faster loading times) but then pirates started to just download and play... same issue here, he is supporting or technically updating something that is already illegal

You need the consent of the other person to actually record the call... he would get into legal troubles for developing an app that causes something illegal to occur.
    Idiotic logic. I guess that's why guns are illegal since the person at the other end doesn't want to get shot?
    11-02-09 09:31 AM
    i always wondered if there was an app for this or if there would be one also, but there are soo many apps that bbs dont have..as previously stated.
    11-07-09 11:46 AM
    This thread has gone way off topic. No where did the original poster question any legal rights, laws of any country, consent issues, bla blah blah. Is it possible to record calls on your BlackBerry? That was the topic. I'm guessing those who developed bluffmycall which records calls and google voice, which allows you to record certain calls are real rebels. Take all of your "legal" advice and please start another thread if that is what you want to debate.

11-07-09 02:51 PM
    My roommates motorola flip phone has this... Wondering why my "smart phone" is lacking...

01-16-10 04:23 AM
    the legality issues come up whenever this type of software is mentioned on a forum, but MOST states are single caller notification, as in....the person recording has to know, not the person being recorded. these laws haven't changed in decades for the most part, and old sprint sanyo phones had the ability to record conversations, and i don't remember sprint, or sanyo ever being sued because of it....so the threat of a lawsuit for the app developer is probably slim.

i'd like to see an app like this. windows mobile phones have recording apps. my touch pro could record calls with the click of a button. you think htc's gonna get sued? i'm pretty sure it was their software. i don't know what's worse....this sue friendly society we live in, where people sue over the most ******** issues, or people being worried to the point of not creating anything, just because of the lawsuit friendly nature of this country.
    02-13-10 10:52 AM
    This got me curious about notification laws-- Wikipedia has a page on this, of course.
    (Wiki Telephone_recording_laws)
    There are 12 states that are dual notification laws. One of them is Maryland, which I recall because what's-her-name was arrested for recording her conversations with Monica Lewinsky about Bill.

But, no, I don't know of any apps.
    02-25-10 03:05 PM
    Dare I open this again?
    02-28-10 11:13 PM
    Don't blame you pk...I'm still curious if this is possible on a blackberry. I would PAY for an app that allowed my BB to record phone conversations.

03-01-10 12:34 PM
    BluffMycall will record.
    03-01-10 12:59 PM
    Closed to spam!
    03-07-10 12:47 PM
44 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD