Hi there everyone! I'm posting this in the 9900 section instead of the app section because it directly pertains to my device. If, however, a mod should feel it's in the wrong section, please move it for me.

OK, here is my question: I want to get a good app to reboot my phone.

I used to use this great app called Quickpull, but RIM said that it was causing issues with my BlackBerry (they emailed me the logs), so I uninstalled it.

Now I use a program called 'Reboot device'. I'm not too fond of that one either and will probably uninstall it.

Can anyone suggest a good program, that's compatible with my device, that I could use, AND that won't cause issues with my BlackBerry please?

Thanks...
    02-12-12 11:23 PM
    Holding down alt-right shift-del will do the job without installing any app. That said, if you happen to already have QuickLaunch or Meterberry installed, they both have reboot options. There are others, but I personally wouldn't install an additional app for that purpose alone.
    02-12-12 11:36 PM
    I'd tell you, but you have your phone off.

You don't need any app. Just give it the old 3 finger salute.
    02-12-12 11:37 PM
    Agreed with the first two posters. Alt-Shft-Del works wonders. Sure as beats pulling off the 9900s battery cover when you've got no nails haha
    02-12-12 11:58 PM
    Thanks..it's that just sometimes, it takes me 5 minutes to get that 3 finger salute to work. For some reason, it never works for me and I'm fighting with my keyboard to do it. What's the 'secret' to doing it the first time?
    02-13-12 11:44 AM
    What's the 'secret' to doing it the first time?
    Hold down the Alt key with your left thumb, then with your first finger on your right hand hold down the Shift key, and with your right middle finger hold down the Del key... Hey Presto!

Works 1st time, every time
    RIM99, Eli_B and dosto like this.
    02-13-12 11:53 AM
    Funny how this went from an app to how to use your fingers
    BigBadWulf and Eli_B like this.
    02-13-12 12:10 PM
    I use both thumbs and right index finger. TG we've at least kept the fingers on the keypad.
    Eli_B likes this.
    02-13-12 12:13 PM
    Phill...

That worked! I think i realized what my issue was. I was trying to push ALL OF THEM at the same time, and it was giving me a lot of trouble.

Thanks everyone for helping me with this....
    02-13-12 12:53 PM
    CB rocks once again!
    02-13-12 02:39 PM
    very neat and very helpful. This is a great community!
    02-13-12 03:03 PM
    Quicklaunch, reset per the clock. So many other great features too, just buy it.
    02-13-12 03:08 PM
    Agreed with the first two posters. Alt-Shft-Del works wonders. Sure as beats pulling off the 9900s battery cover when you've got no nails haha
    A dime works excellent though, should you have one handy.
    02-13-12 09:19 PM
    I have to restart my bold 9900 almost every 4 days because it gets sluggish.

I am sure that all of you have the same issue. This feels like using windows and restarting the computer constantly to avoid getting a very slow computer.
    02-13-12 09:31 PM
    I use RestartMe - free - available on App World - works fine - I have used it on all my BBs from Bold 9000, to 9800, and now on 9810 under both 7.0 and 7.1 - flawless operation.
    02-15-12 10:09 PM
    Don't install these useless apps such as restart me and quick pull, press ALT + HOLD(button next to sym & 0) + DELETE, this doesn't use up device memory and doesn't slow the device like many of these apps. This is for users who don't know there BB shortcuts.
    02-16-12 05:50 PM
    Or get a useful Utility like QuickLaunch that will restart your phone automatic everyday at a preset time.

Shake to Launch for your Bluetooth mean anything to you?

Screen Capture?
    AutoFill?
    AutoCopy All?
    Etc. Etc. Etc.

Last edited by olblueyez; 02-16-12 at 08:40 PM.
    02-16-12 08:38 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD