Has anyone here ever had to request service for purchased games from Magmic/Bplay? They have no phone number, their FAQ's sometimes help, but if they don't, you have to hunt down their email contact, and they simply don't answer their emails.
    How can a company justify having such horrible totally crappy ignore-the-customer "Customer Service" in this day and age and still stay in business? Has anyone else out there had to try and deal with these people?
    I had to switch devices, and while I was able to generate some codes per their procedure on the website that were supposed to activate the games on my new phone, NONE of them worked. It says to contact them via their email support form, and they will respond in ..... 3-5 days..., a ridiculous time span to begin with anyways! They state outright they have no phone support, but they apparently have no other form of support either!!!
    At this point, I would be happy if they just gave me a 50% discount on all the games I have bought, and maybe even a couple extra, keep the ones on my Pearl still active, and reactivate the same ones, and maybe a couple extra on my new Bold, and I'll just buy them over again at the discounted price.
    It seems they have fairly much a monopoly on games for the BB, and they apparently treat their customers accordingly. The games are good quality, but that is no trade-off for the kind of "Customer Service" their customers are slapped in the face with when they need some help.
    It's been over a week since I wrote them, and I have since sent 2 more emails since. Still have not heard a single word from them-I am REALLY annoyed with them, and will write them again. If you have had similar experiences with Magmic/Bplay, please write them and let them know we are growing very displeased with the way they ignore their paying customers-they are biting the hand that feeds them! I'm beginning to wonder if they operate out of the Public Library computer, or their Grandmother's basement! This really stinks! Please Help fellow Crackberry members!! Thanks for anything you can do.
    Brent
    Florence AL
    03-22-09 02:37 AM
    they're probably in Hong Kong...

sounds like crappy CS, I've never needed to get a hold of them but I've heard from a few people that their CS is shady. I only order games from them that I can bill to my phone, they're not worthy of cc's imo.

compared to at&t they have a bad selection of games, but at least they're cheap. good luck with it
    03-23-09 02:03 AM
    CS should always answer customer's emails whether the customer is right or not. I agree.

I am not sure if I understand your whole issue or not. I don't know if Bplay is responsible for replacing games that were promised to work on your Pearl but may not be programmed to work on your bold. I don't think that would qualify you for free or discounted software. If I am misunderstanding I apologize.

I am not sure what their policy is on that. But again, whether it is your issue or thier's they should answer your emails.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    03-23-09 02:10 AM
    I for one can say that I've had nothing but good experiences with BPlay.
    When I got my BB Curve 8330 one of the 1st things I did was purchase a game from BPlay.
    I went through 3 phones in a months time because the people at my local verizon store are ridiculously undertrained about smartphones.
    Each time, I emailed BPlay to ask for a replacement game for my replacement phone & my requested was granted within 24-48 hours. (BTW- I got the contact info through my emailed receipt of the purchased game.) The BPlay rep who handled my account was courteous, professional & helpful in answering questions about similar games and other apps.
    Its unfortunate that you had a bad experience such as I did with my curve when I 1st got it but if you remain persistent & cordial you will very likely get what you want. Perhaps try contacting them as I did if you have your receipt/confirmation of your purchases.
    Good luck!

03-23-09 01:42 PM
    Never had much of an issue. They responded to my emails, sent download links, transferred registration, etc.
    03-23-09 01:46 PM
    I had a TERRIBLE experience with this company. I bought Tetris, paid for it, it cleared my bank, and the app wouldn't load. I contacted them at least 10 times and when they FINALLY responded they sent me the SAME bad link 5 times in a row. I then sent an ugly email and a light bulb went off and they sent me the right link. It was such a bad experience that I just deleted the game and will NEVER use them again.

03-23-09 09:08 PM
    they are horrible. I've sent over 5 emails in the last MONTH and haven't had one reply. Why should they treat their paying customers well? Heck, they get their money immediately but do they help their customers immediately? NO. Horrible company. Not even an autoreply email saying their busy and have received the email.

My issues are problems on their side, not mine. At this point, a refund and to never do business again with them would make me very happy.

I may contact the Better Business Bureau. Ridiculous
    04-14-09 09:40 PM
    I have had the exact same experience. I emailed them NUMEROUS times and no response. I paid for 3 games from them and had to change phones. I followed their instructions to reactivate the games and it didn't even recognize me, even though I KNOW I gave them the correct information. When I emailed them I got the same promise of a response within 3-5 days, but no matter how many times I have emailed them, I have NEVER received a response!

DON'T PURCHASE ANYTHING FROM BPLAY!
    01-07-10 02:41 PM
    This is pretty much my experience as well. If you really want to spend your money on a Magmic game, you're better off lighting it on fire.
    01-07-10 07:14 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD