OK so bill is in after a nice period of using yahoo msn and aim everyday for a long period of time..

here you go folks.. they are not charged as text as everyone who was educated has been saying..

For the people who said they heard otherwise from verizon.. The people you spoke with were not informed about how these RIM apps work.

and pics or it didn't happen

the columns are labled
    Data Usage Allowance Used Billable Charge
    12-14-08 11:25 PM
    I thought it was common knowledge....that everyone knew that all bb native im apps use data and not text.
    12-14-08 11:32 PM
    I thought it was common knowledge....that everyone knew that all bb native im apps use data and not text.

apparently not I have seen it come up lik 25+ times in the last 2 months..
    12-14-08 11:44 PM
    not even close... there have been several "end all" threads regarding Aim, etc... saying that they use text

i guess people dont realize that they can check their usage online and see that even if they use aim or any other IM service exclusively, they wont get any texts.
    12-14-08 11:57 PM
    people don't think it out. Why would RIM release programs to help the carrier push SMS when they themselves (RIM) is pushing data plans. When you look at it that way it doesn't make sense to think they would use SMS
    12-15-08 12:29 AM
    yea i think sms should be standard for phone plans. they charging what they charge is kinda terrible. but i dont compalin and pay for it cause i use it. i can't be counting my texts and telling people dont text me.

i work with recovering addicts and alot of times the only way they get things out that are bugging them is to text cuase they dont have the guts to voice it.

but yea so what if the progs use text, im gonna use them anyways eather or. unlimited text is only 20 bucks extra, thats less than a buck a day.
    12-15-08 12:59 AM
    people don't think it out. Why would RIM release programs to help the carrier push SMS when they themselves (RIM) is pushing data plans. When you look at it that way it doesn't make sense to think they would use SMS

if the carriers want it RIM may do it

think about how much influence they can have on the hardware itself
    12-15-08 01:00 AM
    i am one of the ones who questioned it several times. but i never went around saying that was the case. i asked a few times if it had been 100% confirmed after several people came on here swearing up and down that aim uses sms and the rest use data.

i just couldnt put it past verizon to try to pull some bs, so until there was some proof (ala this thread) i was playing it safe. (especially with txt's be .20 cents now)

off topic but 20 cents for a text is highway robbery. they use so little bandwith, they are so tiny. and the fact that it used to cost less, really makes me mad. all prices have gone down since cell phones came out, ALL prices, and verizon has to violate that trend and raise the price of sms. a holes they are.
    12-15-08 03:26 AM
    I agree vz bends you over for txt. I already pay $100/mo with enterprise data and they ding me again for txt. Vz could learn something from sprint on flat rate bundles.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    12-15-08 06:22 AM
    I don't believe you Noaim!!! It uses txt I tell ya!!! J/K, had to be done.

Perhaps now the morons will listen to those of us that tell them what's up. Personally, I'm waiting for VZW to update their IM program for the Storm and someone to use that and then complain about it using txts and getting billed for it and then blaming it on the misinformation listed on this site because they couldn't tell the difference between that program and the RIM released ones. Not to mention they payed no attention to the ULA for that program when they downloaded it stating as such. I look forward to a nice ***** slap going their way.
    12-15-08 10:46 AM
    With vodafone in uk i get unlimited sms. (by unlimited they mean 3000 fair use)
    12-15-08 11:12 AM
    I've known this for a long time.
    12-15-08 11:15 AM
    I don't believe you Noaim!!! It uses txt I tell ya!!! J/K, had to be done.
    It also uses your airtime minutes too.
    12-15-08 11:17 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD