This is a rave (just in case the title prefix didn't alert you). I bought MeterBerry on a lark when it was first released. I wasn't having battery life or memory issues. But I was curious about how my Storm worked.

What started as a simple logging application has evolved greatly. First the soft reset feature was added. Then came a scheduled soft reset feature. And today, I just got notification of a new update: Forced garbage collection without resetting the phone to recover memory.

Moreso than the application, the developer Giant Cashew is priceless. The continued updating and support of the MeterBerry application has been outstanding. They are setting the bar for application developers on how to create and maintain useful applications for the Storm. I just needed to say

Thank You
    05-04-09 06:15 PM
    i have to agree. i have been using this app for quite some time. It is awesome and the update today was quite nice to see. The free updates are good and often. This is a top 3 app for sure!
    05-04-09 06:17 PM
    This app is a definite must have. Support is second to none.
    05-04-09 07:37 PM
    The only thing I love more than my Storm is my MeterBerry!

*hides this thread from the wifey*

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    05-04-09 08:41 PM
    i refuse to pay for any software for my storm....thats just me though.
    05-04-09 09:10 PM
    i refuse to pay for any software for my storm....thats just me though.
    Blah, Blah, Blah... That's all I hear here. Someone puts good working into anything, and I am willing to pay. I develop open source for the masses, but if you want support, real support, I take money too.

Oh, and BTW, I love my MeterBerry! To me, I think I feel like a driver in the early 20th century, when the car manufacturers started putting rear view and side view mirrors on them. It's the bomb!

TheWitness
    www dot cacti dot net
    05-04-09 09:13 PM
    Blah, Blah, Blah... That's all I hear here. Someone puts good working into anything, and I am willing to pay. I develop open source for the masses, but if you want support, real support, I take money too.

Oh, and BTW, I love my MeterBerry! To me, I think I feel like a driver in the early 20th century, when the car manufacturers started putting rear view and side view mirrors on them. It's the bomb!

TheWitness
    www dot cacti dot net

btw, its not due to "i want free stuff", more like i'd rather save my money for skanks. jk, there just isn't much to interest me in the "pay for it" section.
    05-04-09 09:18 PM
    btw, its not due to "i want free stuff", more like i'd rather save my money for skanks. jk, there just isn't much to interest me in the "pay for it" section.
    I'd actually say that MeterBerry is worth a look. For $2.99 we get at the least an extremely useful informative application. And most importantly, a developer willing to support and update his product. For free.

There's not much in the "pay for it" section that interests me either. But I recognize a fantastic deal when I do see one there.
    05-04-09 09:29 PM
    I'd actually say that MeterBerry is worth a look. For $2.99 we get at the least an extremely useful informative application. And most importantly, a developer willing to support and update his product. For free.

There's not much in the "pay for it" section that interests me either. But I recognize a fantastic deal when I do see one there.
    Definitely agree. If he sell's 1M copies of this, I hope that he can at least keep 80% of the proceeds. $2.99 for me is a drop in the bucket for what I received.

Oh, and sorry, I guess I spoke out of turn, what the heck is the "pay for it" section?

TheWitness
    05-04-09 09:35 PM
    Definitely agree. If he sell's 1M copies of this, I hope that he can at least keep 80% of the proceeds. $2.99 for me is a drop in the bucket for what I received.

Oh, and sorry, I guess I spoke out of turn, what the heck is the "pay for it" section?

TheWitness
    "pay for it" = having to pay for an app...there isn't much worth getting IMO. pay or not, there aren't many apps i'd say are "must have"....
    05-04-09 09:38 PM
    +1.... great app, great developer.
    05-05-09 08:32 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD