View Poll Results: How many stars would you give the new launcher?

Voters
63. You may not vote on this poll

6 9.52%

1 1.59%

5 7.94%

11 17.46%

40 63.49%
    Just curious to see how it rates with people, since not everyone posts, thought maybe some that don't post will at least vote in a poll.

Use the other thread in site announcements for bug reports or support questions though, thanks.
    06-27-08 06:37 PM
    I haven't downloaded it yet. It sounds great but I don't really trust beta lol. Anybody have an idea when the official release it, few weeks or longer?

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    06-27-08 06:40 PM
    Works just fine here.

Me likey...
    06-27-08 06:43 PM
    I haven't downloaded it yet. It sounds great but I don't really trust beta lol. Anybody have an idea when the official release it, few weeks or longer?
    I understand your concern, but unlike some, we actually do a significant amount of testing before release, so it won't brick your Berry. =)

In fact, no one has yet reported a bug, so you can feel pretty safe with it. We really called it a beta only because it had not yet been tested across the board on every possible OS, and might require some minor tweeks. The next release will occur if and when we find any problems, or when we add the iVista and iBerry theme support in a couple of weeks.
    06-27-08 06:43 PM
    its working perfectly. i love posting from work lol
    06-27-08 06:52 PM
    Love it. Great job.

06-27-08 06:55 PM
    Works fine, but aside from being able to change
    the icon color, which never bothered me, it is still
    just a launcher.
    06-27-08 06:56 PM
    Awesome job Patrick. 5 stars.
    06-27-08 06:57 PM
    Wow ok downloading now.

06-27-08 06:59 PM
    ***** Five stars!

I really like it--I too, always had a problem when I'd go to select the other icon--the size made it hard for me to tell if it was selected...you know what I mean.

Now--being able to change the color AND select where its pointed....I must be dreaming!

Thanks!
    06-27-08 07:36 PM
    I will try to download it soon
    06-27-08 07:41 PM
    If only it could launch in Opera... That is the browser I use. But the built in speed dial for Opera works good enough. I just keep Opera on my homescreen.

06-27-08 07:42 PM
    If only it could launch in Opera... That is the browser I use. But the built in speed dial for Opera works good enough. I just keep Opera on my homescreen.

We're working on that. =)
    06-27-08 07:47 PM
    Patrick... awesome job on the new launcher. Having a choice in colors will be great. I think for now I'm going to stick with the original because I like the size better but still great job and you have a lot of new best friends for what you did!
    06-27-08 08:57 PM
    Dude, awesome. I saw the different icon on the blog about the Corkberry theme and uninstalled/reinstalled my crackberry shortcut but it didn't change. I was glad to see that it was the launcher that the corkberry theme was showing.

I would only suggest more colors like a gray or slate color, or even silver. That would be sweet. And maybe even a little twinkle animation going around the CB rim when you put your cursor over it.

Over all, 5 stars. Anything else would put it over the top.

06-27-08 09:11 PM
    Keep up the good work Patrick. It's great. Color change and forum or index options are great. If you can pull off the load in opera mini that'd be awesome!

06-27-08 09:12 PM
    I love it!

06-27-08 09:20 PM
    I can't really notice a big difference but I like having it. Thanks. O yea and more colors would be nice. Personally I would like a white or black

06-27-08 09:34 PM
    Awesome app. Works fine on my Sprint 8830.

06-27-08 09:45 PM
    Looking really nice, the launcher itself work as it should. I did however, get and uncaught exception error, after the app was installed, I forgot what it was, but its working regardless.

06-27-08 09:54 PM
    Patrick great job; to be honest orange is my favorite color anyway : ) ***** for the work you did.

Remember he did this for "FREE".

06-27-08 09:59 PM
    Pat, love the launcher. It's people like you that make this site the best one out there...
    06-27-08 10:07 PM
    I second and third that!!!!

Pat, love the launcher. It's people like you that make this site the best one out there...
    06-27-08 10:29 PM
    I'm loving the new launcher. Awesome job. 5 stars

06-27-08 10:32 PM
    It's awesome! Thank you Patrick.. you did a good job on it. I like the ability to change the color of the icon (to match different themes) and that small rotation is pretty cool! Thanks again.
    06-27-08 10:34 PM
87 123 ...
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD