Just ranting, so please excuse me. A couple of months ago, I bought BerryBuzz 2.XX version at full price, now they released a 3.0 and want $1.99 to upgrade.

On the other hand, I bought QuickLaunch during a half price promotion about 10 versions ago and have yet to be charged for any upgrades.

My point, QuickLaunch has introduced a ton of new features, whilst BerryBuzz just a handful.

There I'm done now.
    04-09-10 09:49 PM
    there are better threads for this. email bellshare, maybe they will help if its only been two months
    04-09-10 09:52 PM
    there are better threads for this. email bellshare, maybe they will help if its only been two months
    Didn't see any that compared the upgrade policy on two different apps.
    04-09-10 11:00 PM
    It's what ever the Dev's decide to charge. If one does not choose to charge for upgrades, cool, if the other chooses to charge, then so be it... Their time went into making it...

Also the disclaimer on "Paid" Apps as always been this.

"Note: Most of the same version updates upgrade (i.e. from version 2.1 to version 2. 2) are free and most of the major upgrades (i.e. from version 2 to version 3) might require an upgrade fee."

04-09-10 11:03 PM
    small upgrades vs big upgrades. i think 2.x to 3.x in bbuzz is a rather substantial update

if you do want to take advantage of the developers' hard work, i think $1.99 is a decent price to pay

else you can always choose not to upgrade, your choice.
    04-10-10 12:09 AM
    Hmmm, perhaps Quicklaunch should charge for the next upgrade.
    Thanks a lot.
    04-10-10 12:25 AM
    I have already paid out $35 for Bellshare apps. Pay the $2 and be done.
    04-10-10 01:08 AM
    I think the 1.99 is worth it. The app is a solid app. I don't mind paying for the upgrade just like I didn't mind paying for the software. Besides, if it truly has been a couple months it says on their websites the upgrade is free. If you bought it after 2/25 or something like that. Look further into it.
    04-10-10 01:31 AM
    Soneome mentioned this in another thread. I recently upgraded buzz and wasn't charged for it.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    04-10-10 02:45 AM
    I REALLY like authors who DON'T Charge for their apps. We take the dive into their apps and comment and submit errors and use it daily. We drive them to work every day, I really REALLY appreciate authors who offer free updates, it's just good business. I don't know how much you guys paid for your apps, but if you pay a decent fee for an app, you should get free updates. Regardless, it IS up to the programmer, and it's a free country. I mean, we all got the storm1 (for example) and just for that reason we shouldn't get a free upgrade to the storm2. It's the same issue. But we have the storm2, and we should get the better storm2s if they come out (ex: the screen replacement issue) for free, which is this case. Arggg... Economics sucks. Lol. Apple just did the same thing. The iphone3g won't get os 4? or multitasking or whatever.... why? to make you upgrade it already! Lol.

Pay the 2 bucks, it's not much. I'd max it out at 2 bucks per upgrade, too. Anymore and I'd be mad.
    Have a good day
    04-10-10 03:02 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD