Hey guys, 9700 owner making a switch to the Torch. I'm pretty excited about the touchscreen and improved camera, so I wanted to ask some experienced users about their opinions and advice.

First off, do applications from the 9700 have the ability to transfer to the Torch? I am mainly concerned about BerryBuzz, (I belive it is the name) the app that has various flashing lights depending on what type of message you receive)?

Secondly, I have heard mixed things about the camera, even things like the 3.2 mp camera on my Bold is better? Could this possibly be true?

Lastly, I had my friend update to the latest OS for the Torch before sending it to me (since I am in Europe and they don't sell it here). Do you guys reccomend a very stable OS that I could dl in case this one doesn't work right?

Thanks in advance,

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    02-18-11 07:05 AM
    1. NO... Mostly. OS6 is altogether different
    2. May be. it depends upon lenses + algorithm that process your image + shutter speed, search in forums lot of people has posted images take from 9800.
    3. If something works; doesn't repair. OS6 is still not stable. it's about close to stable OS.
    02-18-11 07:10 AM
    You can always ask the app developer if you can upgrade your version (paid, I assume?) to the version for Torch. Most will let you swap devices somehow.

I like the Torch's camera. I had a Bold for a while and really didn't notice *that* much difference between the two. But I don't use it as a professional photographer. I just take pics of stuff I want to upload quickly to FB and comment about or something.

The latest version ends in .450. You can find links for it here on crackberry. Both .448 and .450 have gotten good reviews. You can download either of them to update whatever version yours comes with if you want.
    02-18-11 07:28 AM
    In terms of the camera, would you say that it is closer to the iphone 4 or to the bold?

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    02-18-11 07:59 AM
    ^ I have not seen pictures/video taken with a iPhone. I have read, on Crackberry, that the Blackberry takes an equal to better photo but the iPhone takes better (HD) video.
    Initially a lot of members here said their (previous) 9700 took better pictures than the Torch (with OS .246 and older). I think once OS6 updates became available and everyone started loading .337, .448 and .450, the Torch pictures improved and are now better than the 9700.
    Everyones views of what good or bad pictures look like are a little subjective as well.
    Mine takes great photos ...subjective
    Last edited by pmccartney; 02-18-11 at 08:39 AM.
    02-18-11 08:36 AM
    ^Agreed, the pictures are always subjective, but I hope that it is as good as the iphones. If so, then I will definately be content with the camera aspect. I find the iphone 4's to be a very good camera. Hopefully it is more iphone 4ish than bold 9700-ish =)
    02-18-11 08:49 AM
    Perhaps this thread will shed a little light...the only problem is the posts dont spec what OS6 they have installed.
    http://forums.crackberry.com/f209/po...0-here-513296/
    02-18-11 08:58 AM
    Thanks alot for the link! I will check it out. Either way I am pretty excited about getting a Torch, and using os6 =)
    02-18-11 09:09 AM
    LOL now there is a good torch thread
    02-18-11 09:11 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD