I recently downloaded the Radio Saver app because I live in a place that has really spotty signal, anyway, I can say it works GREAT...that is if you don't use the automatic on and off feature of your phone.

What happens is that during the day when the phone is on, I have no complaints what so ever with this app, and because I really want to save battery life, I always have the automatic on/off option enabled.

So the thing with this app is that you have to leave in running in the background all the time, which is ok since it does not really eat up battery. So naturally if you have the automatic on/off, and you have apps running in the background, it will turn the phone off even while the apps are running. The problem is when the phone automatically turns on, the radio is off the whole time (even in a good signal spot) and even when I try to turn on the network option of the radio (for some reason the wifi works fine) it doesn't work. I always have to reboot my phone just to enable the wireless network, which is a pain.

Anybody else have this problem? And anyone have a solution?

Thank you
    Last edited by deenov; 08-02-10 at 12:29 PM.
    08-02-10 12:26 PM
    Not sure if this will help or not but there is an app that allows you to pick the programs you want the device to automatically start when the phone restarts. Sorry I can't remember what it is...

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    08-03-10 05:47 AM
    the problem i think is that it stays open the whole time, so I need an app to quit programs when the phone shuts down and then opens it when it starts up...anything like that available?
    08-05-10 04:14 AM
    Startmeup is the app - try it and see if it does what you are asking...

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    08-05-10 07:29 AM
    thanks, will do
    08-07-10 05:07 PM
    tried it....I want an app that closes the app when the phone turns off (because the radio saver app won't close unless you close it yourself) and opens it when the phone turns on...any app like that?
    08-07-10 05:11 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD