Hi All, I have 250mb per month from orange UK on my Bold and want to install iHeart radio,I want to use the radio for about an hour each day..will the data plan I have cope with this?

Robin
    06-06-09 02:48 PM
    I dont know that specfic application you talk about but I am on Orange with 250mb and i think you should be fine. I use Moodio and have never had any issues at all - I would recomend getting the data monitor so you can track what your usage is though, just to be on the safe side.

I've started using that since using bbc mobile tv a little and bbc radio through there official TV/radio service (recomended only for WI-FI but i have used on 3g).

Do a search on all my posts and i think one of the last ones was regarding data monitoring and you should find mobile data alerter which is great. I don't use the alerts, just use it to monitor monthly data.

http://forums.crackberry.com/f35/dat...logger-232451/ --> the post
    Last edited by A_S; 06-07-09 at 05:57 AM.
    06-07-09 05:42 AM
    I dont know that specfic application you talk about but I am on Orange with 250mb and i think you should be fine. I use Moodio and have never had any issues at all - I would recomend getting the data monitor so you can track what your usage is though, just to be on the safe side.

I've started using that since using bbc mobile tv a little and bbc radio through there official TV/radio service (recomended only for WI-FI but i have used on 3g).

Do a search on all my posts and i think one of the last ones was regarding data monitoring and you should find mobile data alerter which is great. I don't use the alerts, just use it to monitor monthly data.

http://forums.crackberry.com/f35/dat...logger-232451/ --> the post
    Thanks for that..installed the data alerter..do you have an OTA for moodio so i can install that app: I want to listen to Radio 2

Robin
    06-07-09 06:53 AM
    Google moodio.

Create an account via your PC and sellect your stations.

Access your station on the mobile site via your BB.

There's no app to download. Have fun with it, it's great.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    06-07-09 09:04 AM
    Google moodio.

Create an account via your PC and sellect your stations.

Access your station on the mobile site via your BB.

There's no app to download. Have fun with it, it's great.

Thanks for that..how much data do you use.when listening to radio?

Robin
    06-07-09 09:06 AM
    Thanks for that..installed the data alerter..do you have an OTA for moodio so i can install that app: I want to listen to Radio 2

Robin
    Moodio works slightly differently - its a website - you register and add the stations you want to use to your station list - I use radio 2 through it so can confirm you will be fine! On the device you then go to the site in the browser and load a station.

The link is http://m.moodio.fm - its worth a try - only disadvantage is that you can't browse and listen at the same time

What is this other app like?

I've tried bbc mobile tv over the last few days and sadly its not working anymore

06-07-09 09:08 AM
    I'm with orange and have never gone over my limit. I don't even check ant more!

06-07-09 09:08 AM
    . I don't use the alerts, just use it to monitor monthly data.

http://forums.crackberry.com/f35/dat...logger-232451/ --> the post[/QUOTE]

How do you switch off alerts?

Robin
    06-07-09 09:09 AM
    Could'nt work out iHeart radio..kept getting message saying unable to stream so gave up! I'll stick with moodio I think

Robin
    06-07-09 09:12 AM
    Couldn't get it to work either.

You can get a moodio launcher from: Blackberry Launchers.

06-07-09 09:36 AM
    I haven't turned alerts off - I have just upped the values to unacheivable levels

Where do I get iheart to try it out??? Can't seem to find an app???

06-07-09 09:47 AM
    I haven't turned alerts off - I have just upped the values to unacheivable levels

Where do I get iheart to try it out??? Can't seem to find an app???

On here it's at the top of the apps; thread 'top ota downloads'

Robin
    06-07-09 09:56 AM
    Thanks - does this have british stations???? I can't seem to find any!

06-07-09 10:26 AM
    Thanks - does this have british stations???? I can't seem to find any!

Thats what I found out according to a review it does 'britsh stations' thats why I choose that one over the others i.e slacker etc

Robin
    06-07-09 11:33 AM
    If you can use your WiFi connection you wont have a cost associated with the radio.
    06-07-09 11:34 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD