I have a question, and will probably get flamed for it but, here it goes. I was looking into downloading a radio app. whether it was Iheartradio, Slacker, or Pandora, but then it dawned on me. When would you ever use an application like this? I mean, if your in your car you would use the radio in the car, at the office you would use the PC. If your in a public setting, chanc are you would use an mp3 player. Any suggestions or answers on this. Thanks guys.
    04-02-09 01:24 PM
    I use Slacker at work. My IT dept. blocks streaming media on the pc. I also have music on my micro SD card, so no need to carry a mp3 player. Everything in my BB!!

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    04-02-09 01:36 PM
    I have a question, and will probably get flamed for it but, here it goes. I was looking into downloading a radio app. whether it was Iheartradio, Slacker, or Pandora, but then it dawned on me. When would you ever use an application like this? I mean, if your in your car you would use the radio in the car, at the office you would use the PC. If your in a public setting, chanc are you would use an mp3 player. Any suggestions or answers on this. Thanks guys.

Thats why you are given a choice of applications, you either need it or you don't. The radio services work great for me, I hate commercial radio, but Iheart allows me to listen to stations from my home city. Depends what I feel like. I use the music apps. a lot, others, have no need. At work, playen my 360 and so on. I don't see anyone slammen you but you will get a lot of I need it for this or that just like I posted.
    04-02-09 01:41 PM
    I use slacker at the gym. I use slacker in the car via an fm transmitter. I use flycast for talk radio on breaks. I stream slacker from my device to bluetooth speakers in my kitchen when cooking. I cache slacker foe roadtrips off network. Haven't tried i heart radio

04-02-09 01:47 PM
    I like these apps because at least with Iheart, I can listen to MULITPLE radio stations across the U.S. that play the type of music I like. I can also see the lyrics to some of them. With Slacker, you always hear the music you like with no commercials. You can even cache some stations on your memory card.

Also, I have travelled in my car untold times and once I left NYC I was unable to get a decent station. Not to mention, the many places that I have travelled to that did not have radio stations that suited me.

These apps take care of these issues.
    04-02-09 02:01 PM
    I've become frustrated with terrestrial and sat radio; too many commercials, too little music. This is where I love Slacker, nothing but music. I rarely use the radio in my car now, I just plug my BB into the AUX jack and listen to Slacker. No need to mess with mp3 players and playlists; I just load up a couple cached stations on Slacker for airplane rides or trips where my signal is iffy.

Having the radio apps on my phone has reduced some of the gadgets I used to carry. My BB is now my mp3/radio/video device.

04-02-09 05:29 PM
    I don't even bring my ipod with me anymore. I have two kids to run around everywhere, so the less I need to grab on my way out the door, the better.
    I'm loving iheartradio. I deleted Slacker, since I just wasn't feeling it as much.

04-02-09 05:57 PM
    i hook it up to my car. So i can always listen to a song i like.
    04-02-09 06:05 PM
    I don't even bring my ipod with me anymore. I have two kids to run around everywhere, so the less I need to grab on my way out the door, the better.
    I'm loving iheartradio. I deleted Slacker, since I just wasn't feeling it as much.

i agree. i have iheartradio as well. it is much more simple to carry around 1 device instead of a handful.
    04-02-09 06:19 PM
    I use Pandora and I love it. I used to have Slacker but dropped it.
    04-02-09 06:53 PM
    I downloaded Slacker to my BB and it use it all of the time. My job don't allow useage of the PC except for work. No need to have a MP3. There is one on the BB. I have download songs from my PC at home to my BB.
    04-02-09 07:02 PM
    Pandora fan here. Slacker is nice but way too laggy. You also have to say goodbye to multitasking with Slacker.
    04-02-09 07:04 PM
    Office - I'm firewalled, and reception in a really old, historic building with large office towers really hinders things. The 3G signal seems to be the only steady one.

Car - Sometimes I get bored with the mp3s on my Bold or in my head unit, and the radio stations might be blah.

Home - I'm listening to it now (radioiO Dance Hits)
    04-02-09 07:29 PM
    Thanks everyone for all the replies. I may download one of the radio app. I'm leaning towards Iheartradio, to see how much I will use it. I suppose if I don't use it at all, I can always delete it, after all it is free. Thanks again.
    04-02-09 09:07 PM
    Slacker has an explicit comedy channel that I listen to in the car. Very funny!

04-03-09 06:37 AM
    I am a contractor so I'm moving around jobs all day. If I put a radio in one room I can't hear it as I move around from room to room. I usually listen to talk radio and I just turn it on and carry my phone in my otterbox and listen on the loudspeaker. I also have an mp3 plug on my truck stereo and I listen to slacker a lot in the truck.
    +1 on the Slacker comedy channel.

04-03-09 07:18 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD