There are so many choices..Pandora..Slacker...iHeart..XM...

Which one is best? Has anyone tried one or all of these apps? Obviously, one has to pay for XM but what are the advantages/disadvantages of each app?
    07-28-09 03:42 PM
    i've used slacker, and it was good except for the commercials, limited skips per hour, and occational pauses in the music.

i could never even get iheart to start streaming for me, so i quickly deleted that one.

xm, as you said, is not free.

i am currently using pandora on a regular basis, although you only have 6 skips per hour per station, it seems to load faster for me, and rarely if ever, pauses in the middle of the song.

both slacker and pandora drained my battery moderately though...which is really no surprise. nothing so significant to make me not use them.
    07-28-09 03:56 PM
    I never tried I Heart. I've used Pandora and Slacker. I prefer Slacker, since they have a bigger library. Most of the music I listen to is not mainstream.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    07-28-09 03:57 PM
    Slacker is the best. If you have a PC you can setup station caching and it will store the music on your SD card and you can listen with or without a signal. Also the sound quality is much better then Pandora. Pandora is my second favorite. Has a much better looking UI I think, but the sound quality, even with the newest version is not as good as Slacker. But they are both free so I would download them both and try them out for yourself.
    07-28-09 04:01 PM
    I primarily use Slacker. Although, I have Pandora, I don't use it that much. I <3 Radio stunk... Moodio.fm was alright but I ditched that one, too. I've heard FlyCast is good.
    07-28-09 04:01 PM
    I use Pandora on a regular basis. I have used Slacker and iheart briefly. Didn't like the commercials. If I wanted commercials I will turn on the radio at home. I like non stop listening.

07-28-09 04:09 PM
    I have used pandora, I heart radio, slacker, and radio companion..out of those four, I can say that I like pandora and radio companion the best..
    07-28-09 04:25 PM
    I used slacker since it was released for bb. But just recently used pandora. I like pandora a whole lot better...

07-28-09 04:30 PM
    Please forgive my tecnological ignorance but how does Pandora or Slacker work?
    07-28-09 05:34 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD