want to start running but don't want to buy an Ipod or manage playlists. Just want a simple radio app for my Storm 2 (Verizon). What would be your choices? Would not want to pay a monthly fee either.
    06-11-10 11:18 AM
    Have you tried Slacker? It works for me. Free with the Storm 2...

Slacker Radio from the BB browser
    06-11-10 11:20 AM
    06-11-10 11:38 AM
    www.iheartradio.com and pandora is yum

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    06-11-10 11:52 AM
    Or if you have a favorite radio station that streams online, you can listen to them with Welcome | Yourmuze.FM.
    06-11-10 12:23 PM
    My fave is WunderRadio .
    06-11-10 12:30 PM
    www.iheartradio.com and pandora is yum

if i down load iheart will i be charged a fee when listning to it? or is it totally free.
    thanks
    06-16-10 06:07 PM
    if i down load iheart will i be charged a fee when listning to it? or is it totally free.
    thanks
    Totally free. This will give you every radio station that clearchannel communications owns in North America. It does stream data though so if you are on a limited data plan that might pose an issue depending on how much you use it, if you are on an unlimited plan you are good.
    06-16-10 06:39 PM
    thanks
    I don't think that iHeart radio is available in Canada. I may be wrong but according to their FAQ page:
    Is iheartradio available in my area?
    iheartradio is available to customers in the United States with cell phone coverage or access to a Wi-Fi network.
    06-16-10 06:46 PM
    Totally free. This will give you every radio station that clearchannel communications owns in North America. It does stream data though so if you are on a limited data plan that might pose an issue depending on how much you use it, if you are on an unlimited plan you are good.
    would it make a diffrence when im on with wifi? i am on a data plan
    would i still be charged.
    thanks

i downloaded it and its been working fine,i just dont want it eating up all my mb lol if im going to be charged for use this app
    Last edited by mohawk rcer; 06-16-10 at 07:08 PM.
    06-16-10 06:49 PM
    Iheartradio is great for finding radio stations across the country. Pandora is better for listening to music customized to your tastes.
    06-16-10 06:50 PM
    Nobex Radio Companion - Never Miss Your Favorite Radio Programs Again! is pretty cool too live radio all over the world

06-16-10 08:36 PM
    If you want the best service with no monthly fee, I recommend Pandora.

IHeart is OK, but seems to be constantly buggy and often doesn't work after new OS releases.

My personal favorite is Slacker w/ premium account for wireless station caching. caching uses less battery and data (if you cache while on wifi), and also works in areas where you have no coverage, like while riding on the subway like I often do. It will cost you a $4-5 a month though, depending on your subscription type.
    Last edited by PaintDrinkingPete; 06-16-10 at 09:11 PM.
    06-16-10 09:09 PM
    Nobex Radio Companion - Never Miss Your Favorite Radio Programs Again! is pretty cool too live radio all over the world

Good Option
    06-16-10 09:18 PM
    My fave is WunderRadio .
    Still in beta for the Storm 2 (I think). Not free ($9.99).

I've used it for the past 3 months on my Storm 2. Money well spent.
    06-16-10 09:22 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD