I just updated my 9930 and it seems to be working fine for me. Someone mentioned having to put in your "home location" rather than your zip code in the new version (?). But I didn't have to change anything. I even got to try out the new "icon changer". Pretty cool. Good luck.
    09-23-11 08:36 PM
    Is anyone else having trouble with their home location not updating to night icons after the latest update? I up dated last night and I would only get the sun icon not the moon. If I switch to another location I get a moon icon. This is happening on my bold OS 5 and my husband's torch. How do I get my night icons back for my home location?

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    Mine seems to be updating ok for the time being. Everyone's gotta remember this app uses Yahoo not WeatherUnderground for the data source. Yahoo is not near as good as WU. And I think that Yahoo only updates their weather information once an hour so it does not really matter how you have the update time set in the app. If i'm wrong on that someone will correct me I'm sure.
    09-23-11 08:44 PM
    Mine seems to be updating ok for the time being. Everyone's gotta remember this app uses Yahoo not WeatherUnderground for the data source. Yahoo is not near as good as WU. And I think that Yahoo only updates their weather information once an hour so it does not really matter how you have the update time set in the app. If i'm wrong on that someone will correct me I'm sure.
    The conditions are updating but the icons are staying as daytime conditions. For example if the condition is clear it is showing a sun at 1:00 am instead of the moon. If it is cloudy at midnight I've got a sun with clouds. I am going to uninstall and re-install and see if it works.
    09-23-11 09:29 PM
    Yahoo does not have weather codes (icons) for night rain and night fog.

The haze/fog when using bw icons issue is a qw bug and will be fix/updated tomorrow.
    09-23-11 09:32 PM
    Yahoo does not have weather codes (icons) for night rain and night fog.

The haze/fog when using bw icons issue is a qw bug and will be fix/updated tomorrow.
    Ok thanks. I was getting the moon for a clear night before the 1.8.2 update but after i updated all my icons at night are suns. I am using bw icons not the yahoo icons. No matter what set no moons would show. I will let you know if the re-install works.
    09-23-11 09:47 PM
    @trsbbs Do me a favor when you have time and check NWS radar loops. When you select SRV the title of the display is SRM. So what's the deal?

I suspect tilt 0.5.

As a side note. These products SRV, BR, BV etc (except CR) have multiple tilts.

VIL (vertically Intergrated Liquid) is a good one to add. This shows how much moisture is in a column of air
    within the storm cell. This can indicate the chances of hail, downburts winds etc)
    BV (Base Velocity is another good one for staight line wind detection.

Basic Radar stuff:
    Radar Imagery Basics

More detailed radar stuff:
    Basics Of The WSR-88D

Tim
    09-23-11 09:57 PM
    Yeah! the re-install worked! I have moon icons again. I am puzzled by the text condition though, squalls? Never seen that before, lol. Thank you for the great app! I can't imagine the hard work you put into.
    09-23-11 09:58 PM
    Wish I had squalls

09-23-11 10:38 PM
    Yeah! the re-install worked! I have moon icons again. I am puzzled by the text condition though, squalls? Never seen that before, lol. Thank you for the great app! I can't imagine the hard work you put into.
    true. you can't imagine. it's a LOOOTTTT of work.
    09-23-11 11:03 PM
    Another update coming soon, to fix the Haze condition icon and a few other neat things!

Last edited by dollface54; 09-24-11 at 12:54 PM.
    09-24-11 12:47 PM
    @trsbbs Do me a favor when you have time and check NWS radar loops. When you select SRV the title of the display is SRM. So what's the deal?
    The terms are interchangable. I did a little more research and found this:

"SRV stands for Storm Relative Velocity (often called Storm Relative Motion or SRM). SRM is not actually sampled by the radar -- rather, it's calculated from velocity and an assigned storm motion vector. This calculation "corrects" the velocity image from displaying ground-relative flow to storm-relative flow, which makes it much easier to pinpoint circulations on a storm-scale. The storm motion vector can be calculated in a number of different ways, but one way of doing it is to use an automated average of the tracked cell motions on the 88D."

It shows the motion but more importantly it shows the volicity.

Not big deal as long as we know exactly what it is.

SRV is just the official term for it. SRM is more the "general public" term.

Below is a great link explaining the different products and the official names from the NWS/NOAA used for them:

NCDC Radar Products

Base Reflectivity (NOR, N1R, N2R, N3R /19)
    A display of echo intensity measured in dBZ. This product is used to detect precipitation, evaluate storm structure, locate boundaries and determine hail potential. The 4 lowest elevations angles are available.

Base Velocity (NOW/25, NOV, N1V, N2V, N3V /27)
    A measure of the radial component of the wind either toward the radar (negative values) or away from the radar (positive values). Negative values are represented by cool colors (green) while positive values are represented by warm colors (red). This product is used to estimate wind speed and direction, locate boundaries, locate severe weather signatures and identify suspected areas of turbulence.

Storm Relative Velocity (NOS, N1S, N2S, N3S /56)
    When the motion of storms are subtracted from the wind field, the result is a picture of the wind as if the storms were stationary. Color induces are the same as base velocity. Comparing the storm relative motion image with base velocity image helps identify the rotating storm.

Base Spectrum Width (NSP/28, NSW/30)
    A measure of velocity dispersion within the radar sample volume. The primary use of this product is to estimate turbulence associated with mesocyclones and boundaries.

Composite Reflectivity (NCO/36, NCR/37, NCZ/38)
    A display of maximum reflectivity for the total volume within the range of the radar. This product is used to reveal the highest reflectivities in all echoes, examine storm structure features and determine intensity of storms.

Low/Mid/High Layer Composite Reflectivity (NLL/65, NML/66, NHL/90)
    A display of maximum reflectivity for three different height ranges within the volume scan. This product is used to reveal the highest reflectivities in all echoes, examine storm structure features and determine intensity of storms.

Vertical Integrated Liquid (NVL/57)
    The water content of a 2.2 X 2.2 nmi column of air which is color coded and plotted on a 124 nmi map. This product is used as an effective hail indicator, to locate most significant storms and to identify areas of heavy rainfall.

Echo Tops (NET/41)
    An image of the echo top heights color coded in user-defined increments. This product is used for a quick estimation of the most intense convection and higher echo tops, as an aid in identification of storm structure features and for pilot briefing purposes.

VAD Wind Profile (NVW/48)
    A graphic display of wind barbs plotted on a height staff in 500 ft or 1000 ft increments. The current (far right) and up to 10 previous plots may be displayed simultaneously. This product is an excellent tool for meteorologists in weather forecasting, severe weather and aviation

Tim
    Last edited by trsbbs; 09-24-11 at 07:24 PM.
    09-24-11 07:22 PM
    QuickWeather has been updated to v1.9

* Icon set icon now shown in options
    * Last updated time now shown in options
    * Fixed fog<->hazy bug

Thanks
    lycafe and ThePinkChameleon like this.
    09-25-11 01:32 PM
    I have about 50 bwi icon set on media card (files). However, when going to Quickweather options and Icons: it will on let me see/use have - the option of using/showing 5 icons sets. Any suggests?
    I do know that all of my bwi icon do work. I had them on Berryweather before I deleted the application to have Quickweather. I really want this application to work for me. However, I really, really want all of my bwi icons. Any suggestions? Anyone??

Thanks in Advance!
    Sheila
    09-26-11 11:13 AM
    I have about 50 bwi icon set on media card (files). However, when going to Quickweather options and Icons: it will on let me see/use have - the option of using/showing 5 icons sets. Any suggests?
    I do know that all of my bwi icon do work. I had them on Berryweather before I deleted the application to have Quickweather. I really want this application to work for me. However, I really, really want all of my bwi icons. Any suggestions? Anyone??

Thanks in Advance!
    Sheila
    I have more than 5 sets and they all show with no problem. Make sure that all of the icon sets are saved as a .bwi file (not .BWI).
    Last edited by tellsells; 09-26-11 at 03:33 PM.
    09-26-11 11:29 AM
    Cheetah: the app is sooo much better than WeatherBug, I really love the ability to change the colors and location on the home screen based on my wallpaper, etc.

But (you knew it was coming, right?) the one thing I miss from WB is the option to display sun up/down times. It's probably not a requirement for most folks, but I use it almost every day at my job.

Could you possibly see fit to add that as a display option in a future version?

Thanks!
    09-26-11 11:42 AM
    Cheetah: the app is sooo much better than WeatherBug, I really love the ability to change the colors and location on the home screen based on my wallpaper, etc.

But (you knew it was coming, right?) the one thing I miss from WB is the option to display sun up/down times. It's probably not a requirement for most folks, but I use it almost every day at my job.

Could you possibly see fit to add that as a display option in a future version?

Thanks!
    It has always been available and shows on the 5 day forecast widget. Go into QW Options and at the very top click 5 Day Forecast and look at the bottom of the widget.

Posted from my BlackBerry using BerryBlab
    Last edited by dollface54; 09-26-11 at 11:57 AM.
    09-26-11 11:55 AM
    you want the sunrise/sunset time displayed on the homescreen always? like wind and feels like etc?
    09-26-11 12:29 PM

* Fixed fog<->hazy bug

Thanks
    i purchased my QW app thru bbAw, and when you did the update to 1.8.2 i never saw that update in bbAw since you posted here that it was release. So, I was wondering when i would see the update to the version 1.9 now? thx.

i appreciate all the hard work you've been putting into this app as well
    09-26-11 12:55 PM

* Fixed fog<->hazy bug

Thanks
    This is awesome! Thanks for all the hard work you have put into this app. I purchased through App World and I don't see the new version yet. Do I have to wait for App World to update or is there somewhere I can get the new version sooner?
    09-26-11 12:57 PM
    App World seems to take forever to put through updates to app, that is why I always use mobihand or CB store. There is no way to get the update free from anywhere else if you bought it from AW (unless you just re-buy it from mobi or something) I understand your frustration, that is why I don't deal with AW unless it is the only place to get something.
    Thanks! I think I will re-buy from mobi.
    09-26-11 02:59 PM
    It has always been available and shows on the 5 day forecast widget. Go into QW Options and at the very top click 5 Day Forecast and look at the bottom of the widget.
    I feel..not so smart now. I'd looked at the 5 day forecast & didn't notice that. Now that you've pointed it out, it's obvious.

you want the sunrise/sunset time displayed on the homescreen always? like wind and feels like etc?
    Exactly! The option to toggle it on/off like humidity, wind direction & speed, etc. would be great. I realize most people could care less (ergo the toggle option), but I enforce hunting laws & things of that nature. A lot of the Regulation are worded along the lines of "half an hour after sunset", so I need to know when official sunset is for my location.

And did I mention how cool it is to actually be able to talk to a developer and provide input? And have them LISTEN?
    09-26-11 05:54 PM
    ===== QUOTE dollface54 ====

===== /QUOTE ====

I feel..not so smart now. I'd looked at the 5 day forecast & didn't notice that. Now that you've pointed it out, it's obvious.

===== QUOTE CheetahAce ====

===== /QUOTE ====

Exactly! The option to toggle it on/off like humidity, wind direction & speed, etc. would be great. I realize most people could care less (ergo the toggle option), but I enforce hunting laws & things of that nature. A lot of the Regulation are worded along the lines of "half an hour after sunset", so I need to know when official sunset is for my location.

And did I mention how cool it is to actually be able to talk to a developer and provide input? And have them LISTEN?
    There's never a problem with asking a question, I miss stuff all the time. I'll bet Mr. Erik makes that toggle option for you though, it sounds like a cool addition.

Posted from my BlackBerry using BerryBlab
    09-26-11 07:10 PM
    I have more than 5 sets and they all show with no problem. Make sure that all of the icon sets are saved as a .bwi file (not .BWI).
    Thank you so much! Got it fixed!
    Sheila

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    09-27-11 12:47 AM
    tyvm CheetahAce for the update to v1.9--bbAw update showed up first thing this morning
    09-27-11 07:38 AM
    I really love the way this app looks and works but I can't for the life of me get the 7 day or radar to work,I do live in the US what am I doing wrong?
    Last edited by BB-Bmore; 10-11-11 at 08:31 PM.
    09-28-11 12:29 PM
201 ... 23456 ...
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD