I'm trying to find a solution to play Apple Quicktime .mov files on the Tour. I did some Googling and found an app mentioned called "QuickPlayer" but apparently it is vaporware.

I subscribe to a video-based training service that uses Quicktime or Flash video for its movie format. I know that Flash videos don't play on BB. I'd like to view the streaming Quicktime directly from their website if possible.

I don't think any of the popular media players on the BB support QuickTime's video format.

Anyone know of a working solution for the Tour?
    07-31-09 05:25 PM
    There isint yet a working solution for the BB OS. Sorry

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    07-31-09 05:37 PM
    Roxio Media manager should be able to convert the file for you... while not as ideal as simply copying over a .mov file it's better than nothing... and it's free and came with your Tour

EDIT: There's also third part conversion software out there, I use one called Total Video Converter, it can be a tad bit convoluted but it works really well. The good thing is, the default iPod video settings will work really well for the Tour. You do have to pay for it though... unless...
    Last edited by gimpyviper; 07-31-09 at 06:47 PM.
    07-31-09 06:32 PM
    I have plenty of software to convert the video on my notebook. I was just hoping for an easy solution to watch these video tutorials without. The site doesn't really let you download them, they're embedded in a browser.

Oh well. I guess I'll wait for something to show up or just keep watching on the PC.
    07-31-09 06:53 PM
    The site doesn't really let you download them, they're embedded in a browser.
    Oooooohhh... yeah you're kinda SOL in that case, although I wonder if you're creative enough and view the HTML code if you could pull out the video source file... worth a shot.
    07-31-09 06:54 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD