View Poll Results: Which SMS quick app u like better ???

Voters
3. You may not vote on this poll
  • Quick Text

3 100.00%
  • Quick SMS

0 0%
    QuickText - Communication & Internet BlackBerry Apps - Crackberry BlackBerry Software Store

Tired of jumping through hoops just to send a quick SMS text message? Then QuickText is for you. It's like speed dial for text messaging.

Features:

* Add John to your QuickText list, then simply press "Q" for QuickText and "J" for John. That's it!
    * Storm users, just tap their name!
    * Access QuickText by pressing the Q key, a Convenience Key, or simply clicking the QuickText icon. (The Q key requires a full QWERTY keypad, and the "Dial From Home Screen" option set to "No". Not available on the Storm.)
    * Assign a contact to any character on your keypad, including letters, numbers, or symbols.
    * Assign any contact from your Address Book with the press of a key.
    * Not on your QuickText list? Simply press the SPACE key to choose anyone from your Address Book, or ALT+SPACE to enter the number for a one-time use. (aka. Use Once)
    * Need to call instead of text? Just select them and press the Send key. Great for Storm users!
    * If you text people daily, then QuickText is a must! Try it for yourself and see!
    * Fully Operational 14 Day Trial Period
    * QuickText will also work with Beyond160, if installed, so try them both for the ultimate in texting efficiency.

Quick SMS: Speed dial for SMS - Communication & Internet BlackBerry Apps - Crackberry BlackBerry Software Store

Tired of scrolling and jumping through apps just to get to the SMS screen? Then here's Quick SMS for you - just press Q !

Features:

* Drop dead simple interface. Just press Q.
    * Storm users - just tap the name.
    * Seamless Integration with Empower SMS Viewer & Composer!
    * Supported on ALL OS 4.2.1 and Above.
    * Fully On-device.. No Setup required.

anyone have one choice over the other ... Pro's Cons's ??

the reviews and price are similar... any thoughts appreciated
    Last edited by ToNeBerry24; 08-20-09 at 02:11 PM.
    08-20-09 02:09 PM
    I tried the free trial of Quicktext a while back and have to say that is a really slick app. I am currently using QSMS, which is also pretty good (and free). The main difference between these two is that quicktext basically let's you set up a seperate set of shortcuts for texting. Qsms uses your existing phone book , so though it is easier than normal to send a text, it still requires an extra click or two.
    Sorry but I have no experience with quick sms. I say that you should try the quicktext free trial and see what you think.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    08-20-09 10:39 PM
    I've used both. Extensively, I might add.

When I was cheap and refused to pay for apps, i used qSMS, which worked quite well for a free app. If you don't want to pay (and I agree, $7 is a little high for QuickText), qSMS should be fine for you.

However, once I decided I should start buying some apps, QuickText was first on my list (and I love that they offer a free trial--TRY IT!). It quickly became my most used app. If qSMS makes texting 10x faster, QuickText makes it 100x faster. It's so convenient.

Basically: qSMS gives you a shortcut key to your address book and opens an SMS automatically from that; QuickText gives you a shortcut key to a texting speed dial.

To send a text to John Doe from qSMS: "Q", "John Doe", "click"
    To send a text to John Doe from QuickText: "Q", "J" --that's it

I love QuickText and don't regret buying it, but I think they could benefit from making it and Beyond160 (also a great app) $4.99 instead of $6.99.
    08-21-09 12:07 AM
    how about quick sms ... there is a free qsms that everyone is referring to but also a quick sms that they charge for which gives u the same shortcuts as quick text .. that is the comparison question ... not free qsms vs quick text ...

thanksssss peoplessss
    08-21-09 12:19 AM
    quicktext is a great app. easy to use and have never had a problem since I installed it.
    08-21-09 09:58 AM
    Would quickLaunch be another good option? U can send SMS apps from their too ... That might be a 3rd option, only difference is that u can not use the q to launch it, have to set with a convenience key or just use icon
    08-21-09 10:22 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD