Here is a concept........just try to use your camera! lol its almost the same thing. Everyone is getting so up tight I figured some humor would help lighten the mood!

Someone needs to just leak BBM .19 already so we can move on with life. Does anyone else get the feeling the RIM leaks these os and apps for a reason. If you think about it its a really good idea. Leak the latest builds for the crackberry nation to test and possibly find fixes to their problems for free! Its a good trade to me for the latest leak before it becomes official.
    08-31-09 07:29 PM
    I don't condone using the camera simply because the way it reboots your phone is via a Java Exception related crash. I don't like purposely crashing my computer/triggered a BSOD to restart it due to file corruption and slowdown, so I wouldn't do the same to my phone.

On a good note, I find I don't even NEED to QuickPull anymore. With my 191 OS shrunk to almost nothing but Attachment Service and Default Font/Theme/Ringtones, I am stable at 50 MB free App Memory and never go under it.
    08-31-09 09:13 PM
    I don't condone using the camera simply because the way it reboots your phone is via a Java Exception related crash. I don't like purposely crashing my computer/triggered a BSOD to restart it due to file corruption and slowdown, so I wouldn't do the same to my phone.

On a good note, I find I don't even NEED to QuickPull anymore. With my 191 OS shrunk to almost nothing but Attachment Service and Default Font/Theme/Ringtones, I am stable at 50 MB free App Memory and never go under it.
    Its was a joke. Ya know like "ha ha ha" sounds like you need too get out of your moms basement for awhile and get some sunlight.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    08-31-09 09:17 PM
    Its was a joke. Ya know like "ha ha ha" sounds like you need too get out of your moms basement for awhile and get some sunlight.

you don't need to be so mean about it. maybe he was trying to help all the people that might have taken you serious. and only God knows how many newbs there are on here! lol jp
    09-02-09 12:53 AM

Actually, the camera doesn't crash because of a Java Exception, but because of a Kernel Fault. Just trying to correct the score.
    09-02-09 01:08 AM
    Here is a concept........just try to use your camera! lol its almost the same thing. Everyone is getting so up tight I figured some humor would help lighten the mood!

Someone needs to just leak BBM .19 already so we can move on with life. Does anyone else get the feeling the RIM leaks these os and apps for a reason. If you think about it its a really good idea. Leak the latest builds for the crackberry nation to test and possibly find fixes to their problems for free! Its a good trade to me for the latest leak before it becomes official.
    Haha! That's a good alternative, now if we can get a camera alternative. but a BBM leak will do.
    09-02-09 01:14 AM
    Well everyone said they confirmed the blackberry messenger leak would be tomorrow. Let's hope it is.

09-02-09 01:27 AM
    You know what's funny? I just use the camera button to reset the phone.
    09-02-09 01:28 AM
    You know what's funny? I just use the camera button to reset the phone.

That's the whole joke behind why I posted that.

09-02-09 01:29 AM
    I know haha : )
    I've been using it since I got .191 since I"m so lazy to take out the case just to pull the battery

LAZYNESS FOR THE WIN!
    EVEN EASIER THAN USING QUICKPULL! LoL : )
    09-02-09 01:30 AM
    Well everyone said they confirmed the blackberry messenger leak would be tomorrow. Let's hope it is.

who said this??? please tell me I can't wait for it anymore lol
    09-02-09 01:31 AM
    who said this??? please tell me I can't wait for it anymore lol

There is a thread that several people confirmed through RIM employees it'll leak sometime tomorrow

09-02-09 01:33 AM
    It'll leak? Or be released officially? Either is fine
    09-02-09 01:35 AM
    It'll leak? Or be released officially? Either is fine

That it will leak tomorrow. Someone else said rim is going to give their cell store a copy of it on a test device to show new customers.

09-02-09 01:37 AM
    Haha that's cool
    Wooo back to BBM5!
    09-02-09 01:37 AM

Oh, I get it! You are calling me a 35 year old, acne-ridden WoW player who is too scared to talk to women. So funny and original!

Relax, chief. I know it was a joke. But the point of my post was:

...maybe he was trying to help all the people that might have taken you serious. and only God knows how many newbs there are on here! lol jp
    ^ that. Joke all you want - I encourage it - but I like to make sure people don't blindly follow through with these things unless they know the potential consequences.

Actually, the camera doesn't crash because of a Java Exception, but because of a Kernel Fault. Just trying to correct the score.
    That's even worse.
    09-02-09 10:03 AM
    Hmm, so I shouldn't be using the camera as a substitute for QuickPull?
    09-02-09 10:42 AM
    Hmm, so I shouldn't be using the camera as a substitute for QuickPull?
    I prefer not to do it, but I cannot pretend to be an expert on how the Blackberry device works compared to how a normal computer works. Unlike with computer hard drives with potential bad sector issues, I think the worst the Blackberry's flash memory will have to deal with is corrupted files which can be fixed with a software wipe + OS reload.

But if you have to reload everything during the middle of the day, especially at work, just because you've been purposely crashing your device to emulate QuickPull, then I really don't see the point to saving those extra 15 seconds a day waiting for the device to shut down before I can replace the battery if it means having an unusable device for the next few hours and a 30 minute recovery process ever so often.
    Last edited by Mapex; 09-02-09 at 11:56 AM.
    09-02-09 11:47 AM
    I'm not thinking this is going to happen, sheez. Nothing is going to get corrupt Someone is a bit paranoid perhaps?

I prefer not to do it, but I cannot pretend to be an expert on how the Blackberry device works compared to how a normal computer works. Unlike with computer hard drives with potential bad sector issues, I think the worst the Blackberry's flash memory will have to deal with is corrupted files which can be fixed with a software wipe + OS reload.

But if you have to reload everything during the middle of the day, especially at work, just because you've been purposely crashing your device to emulate QuickPull, then I really don't see the point to saving those extra 15 seconds a day waiting for the device to shut down before I can replace the battery if it means having an unusable device for the next few hours and a 30 minute recovery process ever so often.
    09-04-09 11:53 PM
    I've been using my camera button for resets...no problems yet that I've found, other than the fact that I'm having to do resets every day.
    09-05-09 12:09 AM
    Repeated use of camera crash will damage your phone.....possibly..who knows.
    09-05-09 12:13 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD