Hi everyone,

On my Torch, I upgraded to the Quickpull v5.0.1 two days ago. However I have not been able to get it to reset my phone.

Everytime I select the 'reset now' option, i get a 5 second countdown to a reset which ends up with a blank screen on the phone and then I get a screen to download QuickpullRebooter v1.0. I have downloaded this small file, checked that my permissions are all set to 'allow', rebooted the phone [took battery out], but I still keep getting the same screen outcome every time I click on 'reset now'.

Anyone have any ideas? I have tried the help functionality provided by Quickpull developers for a solution, but nothing has worked. I like using quickpull, so wanted to see if I can resolve this problem.

Btw, I know that I can reset my phone using alt+right shift key+del key. I just prefer using the my quickpull shortcut.

Thanks for your help in advance.
    11-11-10 04:25 AM
    You shouldn't need quickpull on os 6

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    11-11-10 04:35 AM
    3 keys to press or a buggy app that apparently doesn't work correctly and in all actuality does nothing but simulate a soft reset to gain memory(FYI There is no memory leak on the torch so daily resets are a thing of the past)'

Hmm... no brainer for me. Good luck with trying to get it to work though.
    I'm with TorchFrank on this one.
    11-11-10 06:19 AM
    Homer is correct, quickpull was great for the Storm because of the memory leak problems, OS 6 has since fixed that

11-11-10 06:28 AM
    3 keys to press or a buggy app that apparently doesn't work correctly and in all actuality does nothing but simulate a soft reset to gain memory(FYI There is no memory leak on the torch so daily resets are a thing of the past)'

Hmm... no brainer for me. Good luck with trying to get it to work though.
    I'm with TorchFrank on this one.
    agreed....

running a program that is said to free memory yet runs in the background 24/7 is a joke.

pull the battery or right alt+shift+delete(which is the exact same thing this program does... but free... and not a useless program running in the background)
    11-11-10 07:09 AM
    Thanks people. I am new to the Torch and was not sure about memory leaks.

Quickpull deleted!!

11-11-10 07:51 AM
    Yup, I got it at first too coming up from the storm, then after never using it, realized it was useless for the torch. Plus with having a keyboard you can do what GrafixInc said and just press and hold right shift, alt, and delete to reset the phone.
    11-11-10 08:01 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD