Hello Crackberrianites. We've been a little buried in appaliciousness here (many secrets), but we're now taking ideas and suggestions for the next-gen QuickPull. Facebook or Twitter us your QuickPull dreams and we'll try to make them come true!

-Z
    06-12-09 10:26 AM
    I want something that will go to work for me and I can stay home!!!!!!!!
    06-12-09 10:43 AM
    How bout having the schedule quickpull work when you have a lock on your phone?
    06-12-09 10:59 AM
    Maybe the ability to schedule on specific days of the week would be useful. Also, I'd love to see some sort of notification if a reset actually happened...often I can't tell if it did
    06-12-09 11:17 AM
    i believe that because of rims limitation quickpull will never work while phone is locked ,but if we forget to unlock and its scheduled to lock when we do unlock how about a popup that ask will you like to continue with the qp action (if no a timed repopup 5mn-then auto reboot or cancel) instead of it saying action will abort
    hope this is clear
    06-12-09 11:18 AM
    A disabling apps function like in Autostandy. I had QP set for a time when I could check, but was not likely to use it. Then forgot, and was on a call with my wife when it reset.
    06-12-09 03:13 PM
    I just upgraded from official .75 to official .148. Everything is fine and all of my 3rd party apps are working properly, except QuickPull.

For some unknown reason, I cannot set the schedule. At the schedule screen, after I selected the time, I cannot get to highlight the "OK" button to click on it. It is extremely frustrated!!!!

And yes, I have checked the setting and it is set to compatible mode.

On your next release, I really would like to see your app can "remember" the answer to the SIM Card question and will not ask it every single time after the reboot. I got the SIM Card prompt no matter what my settings are..... with compatible mode on and with network set to 1XEV already.

It is a very helpful app. But the interface can be very annoying. Thank you very much.
    06-13-09 12:49 AM
    I just upgraded from official .75 to official .148. Everything is fine and all of my 3rd party apps are working properly, except QuickPull.

For some unknown reason, I cannot set the schedule. At the schedule screen, after I selected the time, I cannot get to highlight the "OK" button to click on it. It is extremely frustrated!!!!

And yes, I have checked the setting and it is set to compatible mode.

On your next release, I really would like to see your app can "remember" the answer to the SIM Card question and will not ask it every single time after the reboot. I got the SIM Card prompt no matter what my settings are..... with compatible mode on and with network set to 1XEV already.

It is a very helpful app. But the interface can be very annoying. Thank you very much.
    Hi there. You may want to actually disable compatibility mode as QuickPull v2 no longer requires this to be set up for the Storm. This should get things working for you.

Lots of good suggestions so far. Some ideas may not be possible as mentioned, but we will be checking them all out!

-Z
    06-13-09 11:08 AM
    How about to be able to choose the days when I want it to reset?For example, once every 2 days, instead of daily.
    06-13-09 06:13 PM
    How about to be able to choose the days when I want it to reset?For example, once every 2 days, instead of daily.
    Yes. Or once every 3, or 4 days. Once a week?
    06-13-09 07:59 PM
    How bout having the schedule quickpull work when you have a lock on your phone?
    Is this why the scheduler doesn't work?? I usually have my phone locked by the time the scheduled reset is to take place and usually it doesn't work. Hmm. Gonna test this tonight. And yes, I agree with this suggestion if this is the case. Thanks!

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    06-14-09 03:02 AM
    Yes. Or once every 3, or 4 days. Once a week?
    Yes,some more predefined options or just a day-ticking list,like the one we have in the Calendar, for us to choose the days we need to reboot.I really don't need it daily.
    06-14-09 06:51 AM
    i have my phone in my holster on my dresser when i goto sleep and i have it to reset at 5 am i think...but i don't think it resets, is there a way of knowing?? like maybe a message that pops up when it is fully loaded saying it has been reset
    06-14-09 12:45 PM
    Hi there. You may want to actually disable compatibility mode as QuickPull v2 no longer requires this to be set up for the Storm. This should get things working for you.

Lots of good suggestions so far. Some ideas may not be possible as mentioned, but we will be checking them all out!

-Z
    Thanks for the tips! It works. Now I can schedule my reboot. It seems that v2 has also resolved the SIM card prompt problem that I have before.

Looking forward to v3. Thanks!
    06-14-09 02:14 PM
    How about working without keystroke injection? My BES policies don't allow it. So quickpull doesn't work, even on a schedule. So I need something automated that doesn't use keystroke injection.
    Softreset won't work when free memory is zero. So I have to remove my hardcase and do a battery pull. A real pain!
    06-14-09 05:46 PM
    How about working without keystroke injection? My BES policies don't allow it. So quickpull doesn't work, even on a schedule. So I need something automated that doesn't use keystroke injection.
    Softreset won't work when free memory is zero. So I have to remove my hardcase and do a battery pull. A real pain!
    Hi there. Unfortunately we can't think of any work-arounds for not being able to keystroke inject/simulate input. RIM is pretty strict about these things so they definitely don't make any allowances if your security permissions deny it.

We mentioned this on our twitter feed a few hours ago, but I wanted to see if anyone out there had any steps to reproduce a device "freeze". Basically, we are working to get QuickPull to be able to run even if your BlackBerry is unresponsive by listening to an SMS message. Anyone know of any sure ways to crash their bb?

-Zaventh
    06-15-09 09:21 PM
    Make the app complete the reset quicker than it currently does. For me, a reset takes about 2 mins to complete. It would great if that time could be cut down a bit.
    06-15-09 09:37 PM
    The program doesn't work in coordination with Autostandby, so that would be a plus. Anytime my phone is in standby, it won't restart.
    06-15-09 10:41 PM
    As previously mentioned in the earlier posts the only 2 additions id love to see is being able to schedule certain days for a quickpull and also allow the app to re-boot even if the device is locked with a password if possible as i usually have my Bold set to reboot at 4am but sometimes i have to make sure i disable the password lock or else it wont work.

Other than that i cant see anything that i would want adding.
    06-16-09 06:44 AM
    Hi there. Unfortunately we can't think of any work-arounds for not being able to keystroke inject/simulate input. RIM is pretty strict about these things so they definitely don't make any allowances if your security permissions deny it.

We mentioned this on our twitter feed a few hours ago, but I wanted to see if anyone out there had any steps to reproduce a device "freeze". Basically, we are working to get QuickPull to be able to run even if your BlackBerry is unresponsive by listening to an SMS message. Anyone know of any sure ways to crash their bb?

-Zaventh
    Are you say that if your BB locked up for some reason you could send an SMS to tell it to Quickpull?
    06-16-09 07:12 AM
    The program doesn't work in coordination with Autostandby, so that would be a plus. Anytime my phone is in standby, it won't restart.
    Just tested the scheduler and it works with AS. This was an issue in the very earliest releases and I came up with a fix involving setting the standby time in AS to the max, turning off your BB and then on again with auto on/off and running the scheduler before AS could put my BB in standby.
    06-16-09 07:22 AM
    Are you say that if your BB locked up for some reason you could send an SMS to tell it to Quickpull?
    That's the idea, yep. Supposedly the device can usually process SMS messages in most freezes, but it's hard to reproduce the device freezing to test effectively.

06-16-09 09:10 AM
    To faithfully reproduce a device lockup, try to get ahold of a previous version of BBWeather (the free, open source weather application). I think v.71 was the one. If you pressed a key or clicked the trackball without a location set, you would get a hard lockup every time.
    06-16-09 02:33 PM
    That's the idea, yep. Supposedly the device can usually process SMS messages in most freezes, but it's hard to reproduce the device freezing to test effectively.

Sweet!
    06-16-09 03:50 PM
    Either resetting while locked or getting a message that a scheduled reset could not run due to a locked condition (when next unlocked) would be great. I cannot over-ride my auto locking settings from my friendly IT Dpt.

Thanks.

Blazor boy
    06-16-09 08:43 PM
86 123 ...
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD