I recently received a notification in my inbox for an update on the Quickpull 2.2.1 to the newer 3.5.4

However, each time i try to install it i get prompt saying "There was a problem during installation" I have tried several times and get the same result. I was wondering if anyone else has had this problem either on their Curve 8330 Verizon, or any bb in general. I'm running a 4.5.175 OS.

Any insight is greatly appreciated
    11-10-09 12:09 AM
    I haven't received any message about an update. Which QuickPull are you running? QP Lite, Free or Pro? I'm running Free

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    11-10-09 12:23 AM
    No wonder I didn't get an update...
    I'm running 3.5.4, if I were you I'd just delete what you have and re download it from the crackberry app store. Its free so you have nothing to lose!

11-10-09 12:36 AM
    If you update the free version part of the update is a nifty nag screen.
    I deleted the app due to the nag screen.

11-10-09 12:45 AM
    I would recommend not upgrading. It has ads all through it now. Different UI, but not worth the ads IMO.
    11-10-09 12:54 AM
    Dump the app, hit alt, right shift, delete to do the same thing.

Quickpull is not the same as a battery pull. An app can't simulate a physical power removal.
    11-10-09 03:55 AM
    Alright sorry about my timely response. I guess I'll just stick with 2.2.1 even though I'm not absolutely certain that it frees up some mem. Its more just for "peace of mind" haha. The extra features i read dont seem too important since i manage my memory pretty well. I dont have to be vigilant of the level of free memory.

Despite the fact that i do still have to pull the battery when my phone freezes every great great once in a while.

Thx for the help people
    11-10-09 01:32 PM
    anyone have an OTA link for 2.2.1 version? i hate using the newer one...
    11-10-09 01:39 PM
    anyone have an OTA link for 2.2.1 version? i hate using the newer one...
    See if this works:h t t p : / / w w w. p o c k e t b e r r y . c o m / 2 0 0 9 / 0 4 / 0 8 / q u i c k p u l l - v 2 - f o r - b l a c k b e r r y - d o w n l o a d /

since i cant post links yet i put spaces in there
    11-10-09 04:33 PM
    Thanx for the link. Unfortunately when you try to get v2 it sends you to v3. Oh well.
    11-10-09 08:22 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD