I was considering purchasing Quickpull Pro, and I have to say it is very reasonably priced. My only question is that does it offer anything really significantly different from the free version?

And since I use both AutoStandby and also have my phone lock automatically can anyone tell me if Quickpull Pro will perform a reset if my phone is in standby and/or locked?

Thanks in advance.
    06-28-09 08:51 PM
    Below are the features for both products.

Quick Pull Basic Features (Freeware)

Features:

* FREE
    * Simulates a "battery pull" equivalent reset
    * Integrates with AutoStandby
    * Ability to schedule to run daily
    * *FIXED* IllegalArgumentException
    * *NEW* Automatically accepts reset dialog
    Quick Pull Pro Features

Features:

* Easy to use application, with simple set-up.
    * Simulates a "battery pull" to free memory and increase performance.
    * Keep your device running optimally with prompted automatic reboots if your memory space gets too low.
    * Customize your memory threshold.
    * Schedule a QuickPull reboot at a certain time each day, or at certain times each week.
    * Scheduled QuickPulls will wait until phone calls are complete.
    * Receive automatic notifications on missed resets due to a locked or holstered device.
    * 5 second warning notice can cancel pending QuickPull runs to keep from interfering with other tasks.
    * New and enhanced, user-friendly interface.
    * Toggle schedule on or off without losing any settings.
    * Because we here at Steelthorn™ Software love our customers - Free technical support and upgrades!
    06-28-09 09:06 PM
    Yes it will go ahead with the RESET even when your phone is in stand by.....two new cool features could be the memory threshold set option and that it will not interfere while in a call...
    06-28-09 09:16 PM
    Yes it will go ahead with the RESET even when your phone is in stand by.....two new cool features could be the memory threshold set option and that it will not interfere while in a call...
    wow! in stand by too?

Thank god I bought it
    06-28-09 09:17 PM
    Thanks guys.

But in the product description it says: Receive automatic notifications on missed resets due to a locked or holstered device.

Doesn't that mean that if you're phone is locked or in standby mode it won't reset your device, but will only give you a notification that you missed a scheduled reset because your device was locked/standby?

Sorry I'm just curious...
    06-28-09 10:29 PM
    it says to register it I need to enter my PIN,but for some reason it will only let me enter the 1st 3 #s of my pin and no letters...any suggestions..i have a Storm 9530 if that matters..

thanks in advance
    06-28-09 10:36 PM
    Ok 'Undisputed' is all good.....I can tell you by my experience with the product, I never holster my phone and because I use the 'AutoStandBy' application all the time, there is no real need to 'lock' the device, so I cannot help you there but I can tell you as a proven fact that while in 'Stanby' the 'QuickPull' will go right ahead with the schedule and 'reset' the phone. I hope this helps a little bit. Good luck, Ray...
    06-28-09 10:54 PM
    ... because I use the 'AutoStandBy' application all the time, there is no real need to 'lock' the device,
    That's exactly the same with me,I just do the same.
    06-29-09 04:38 AM
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by rayporsche
    ... because I use the 'AutoStandBy' application all the time, there is no real need to 'lock' the device,

I know wrong thread but same manufacturer, so...

Also use AutoStandby... never thought of doing that.
    Do you not still risk wrong keystroke until time of standby kicking in?

Actually would be a nice AutoStandby feature if it went into standby immediately when holstered.
    06-29-09 07:54 AM
    Anyone having issies with the immediate reboot function not working? I open Quickpull and push reset and I get the prompt that it will reboot in 5 second, but nothing happens. The older version worked just fine...

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    06-29-09 08:16 AM
    Anyone having issies with the immediate reboot function not working? I open Quickpull and push reset and I get the prompt that it will reboot in 5 second, but nothing happens. The older version worked just fine...

Problem solved, updated from 3.02 to 3.03 yesterday, but it apparently didn't take. Updated again and all is well.

06-29-09 09:42 AM
    this app is great i like the pro ver been using it for 2 days
    06-29-09 11:48 AM

I'm having the same problem and it drives me nuts! I paid for this app to basically do nothing. Does anyone have any suggestions? My permissions and compatibility mode are set as they should be.
    09-01-09 04:34 AM
    Some have stated that the version they received was for the non touch screen devices.
    Could you have the wrong version?
    09-04-09 11:36 AM
    The Pro Version works great on my Bold. Try removing the app and re-installing it. Tony BoD may be on the right track if you bought a version that does not support your BB device.
    09-04-09 08:43 PM

Great program (and yes, worth the upgrade) but it's not compatible with OS 5.0.
    09-05-09 07:37 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD