05-17-10 11:28 AM
85 1234
tools
    I discovered MeterBerry as an alternative app on another thread. It costs only $3 and has way better battery and memory monitoring capability than QuickPull Pro!

MeterBerry also simulates battery pulls very effectively and revealed that QuickPull Pro was the actual memory leak app on my 9530 device! I've since removed QuickPull from my device and my available application memory is much more stable and doesn't rapidly disappear like it did when QuickPull was running.

Oh yeah, and MeterBerry is great on OS 5.0 which is what originally caused my QuickPull problems. I recommend jumping ship and switching to a much better application - MeterBerry.
    11-15-09 09:00 PM
    because of Petey27 my quickpull works also on the storm 1 with the upgraded 5.0 version. YEAH!!!!!! Thank you!!
    your welcome
    11-18-09 05:15 AM
    so witch one is better quickpull pro or meterberrry?
    11-18-09 06:20 AM
    Just installed it, and worked perfectly first time. Thank you!
    12-15-09 09:04 AM
    5.0.0.328 + BES - just installed using the link on page 1 and it worked doing both manual & scheduled reset. during the install i selected set application permissions but was unable to change either from deny, because i am on BES. the three pop ups requesting permission i set to allow. it is now finally working again...
    01-06-10 02:12 PM
    Got it...been looking for this! Works a treat
    02-17-10 07:56 AM
    Followed directions and i keep getting a pop up

"Restart Required

A restart is required for changes to take effect. To restart later, hold down the power key.

Reason: QuickpullMonitor has installed or removed modules"

and it just sits on that pop up until i hit restart now or restart later.
    02-27-10 12:39 PM

"Restart Required

A restart is required for changes to take effect. To restart later, hold down the power key.

I just installed the tour 5.0.0.530 and i am getting this also for both quickpull, and meterberry. I think it is something new on the newer os.
    02-27-10 12:45 PM
    I just installed the tour 5.0.0.530 and i am getting this also for both quickpull, and meterberry. I think it is something new on the newer os.
    I just upgraded to the 5.0.0.509
    02-27-10 01:58 PM
    thanks it work on my storm thanks thanks thanks for sharing
    03-02-10 10:31 PM
    Yes, it's true!! Quickpull has a Beta version (both Pro and Lite/free) that now works on 5.0, including scheduled reboot.
    Downloaded it. Set permissions to allow. Rebooted my 9700 and it worked perfectly the first time.

Nice to have it back. Missed it after I went to 5.0.

Thanks for the post.
    03-03-10 04:39 AM

"Restart Required

I have had this on my Bold with both .464 and .509, on QP Pro (beta version 3.7.2) and Meterberry. They must have changed something in the OS.

FWIW, I tried Meterberry after QP's auto restart stopped working on .464 and I am very happy with Meterberry. It also has the scheduled restarts but it does much more. The memory recovery feature really works on my Bold.
    03-03-10 07:24 AM
    Doesnt work on my 9700, this was my last try.
    I'm sticking with my trusty alt+shift+del that never fails

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    03-03-10 09:31 AM

"Restart Required

Having same problem with OS .509 , is there any solve for this kind of problem ?

Yuhuuu

03-07-10 09:03 AM
    same here .509 quick pull not working. says its rebooting in 5 seconds nothing happens. deleted the version I used with 4.6 then installed the latest from app world. still a no go. any ideas?
    03-28-10 04:18 PM
    Same here on official Tour OS 5 and 3.7.2 of Quickpull. Tried so many variations of suggestions that my mind began to bend.

Uninstalled until a new version comes out.

Yes, tried allow for all permissions, default and otherwise. Battery pulls, resets, everything. Even when it would auto-reset, still had to hit 'ok' for the module change acknowledgment prompt (after reboot).

I am tech savvy... but not a rocket scientist

Oh well, back to occasionally checking memory / pulling the battery.

P.S. It's always a bummer when the developer blames the platform (e.g. Steelhorn blames RIM). Just 'man-up' and say that the product no longer functions for the time being with the new OS on the Tour :P
    03-30-10 06:17 PM
    have the tour and tried everyone's suggestion and then some. It just doesn't work with the new OS. Hopefully they will have a new version to fix soon.
    03-31-10 01:36 PM
    Same here.. Is there another alternative app we can use??
    03-31-10 06:18 PM
    I have had no luck with this application ever since OS5.0.
    Im running 5.0.0.509 on my bold 9000 and all the permissions have been set to "allow" for this application. When i hit Reboot it just says it will reboot in 5 seconds and doesn't do anything.
    03-31-10 06:43 PM
    No luck with quick pull for me on verizon tour with os 5. Maybe I will try the meterberry suggestion.

03-31-10 07:35 PM
    It won't work (yet)...
    QP won't work on OS 5.0.0.434-710 builds. This is a RIM bug that can't be fixed by us. OS 5.0.0.711+ builds should work tho
    or MeterBerry
    03-31-10 07:53 PM
    Yes, it's true!! Quickpull has a Beta version (both Pro and Lite/free) that now works on 5.0, including scheduled reboot.

My Storm 9530 on OS 323 is performed a SCHEDULED reboot as we speak.

Check out the links (OTA downloads). I got this links off of Steelthorn's website (makers of Quickpull)
    How to use QuickPull on OS 5.0 - Steelthorn Software - FAQ

Download Links:
    http://files.steelthorn.com/labs/OS5/pro/QuickPull.jad (QuickPull Pro)
    http://files.steelthorn.com/labs/OS5/QuickPull.jad (QuickPull Free)

Thank you Quickpull !!!!
    Quickpull for $4.99. Is that a one time price, or yearly ?
    03-31-10 08:32 PM
    Bumping this thread to say my 9700 running .405 would not work with QuickPull as someone else mentioned security timer reset is grayed out, and then I'd get stuck in the permissions, they'd save but the app wouldn't let me back out. Figure out shutting my BB off, then back on at least got me back about, neither the appworld version nor the Beta 2 version worked for me so off to check out MeterBerry.
    04-23-10 03:25 PM
    Quickpull didn't work for me on my storm 2 and .607.
    04-23-10 03:44 PM
    my 9700 will not run QuickPull
    04-23-10 04:19 PM
85 1234
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD