I downloaded Quickpull (free version) after reading the post here and many good reviews from people I know. But I think it is taking over my phone. What I mean by that is it is truly "resetting' my phone. For example, changing all my profiles back to the defaults and just all my options back to when I first got my phone. Except my browser bookmarks, everything is gone--my color id and berrybuzz settings as well as ringers. I just wanted to know had anyone else experienced this and what can I do to prevent this. Thanks!
    12-07-09 01:09 PM
    I was thinking about picking up quickpull, I have finally started to need a reset once a day or so, but don't want to have it go THAT far. Is this prob just with the free version?

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    12-07-09 11:04 PM
    I as well as many others are using the free version without any of those issues so I doubt it has to do with QP

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    12-08-09 09:08 AM
    I'm sure it is "the problem" with QuickPull because I was not having these issues before and since deletion have not experienced them since. So maybe you can tell me your settings. Maybe I chose something differently.
    12-13-09 11:48 AM
    diva, I had the same issues with QP on my 8330. It would reset all my profiles and seemed to just act screwy. I deleted it and have since installed RestartMe and have yet to have any issues. Sure, it doesn't have all the bells and whistles as QP (being able to set up specific times for pulls and such), but it works well and doesn't mess with my profiles, so I'm very happy with it.
    12-13-09 12:03 PM
    i dont use such software to reboot mine i have another way that works just as well.

1) press and hold the button that you would push if you wanted to enter a number aka shift button.
    2) press and hold the button on the bottom right of key board aka cap key on right.
    3)press and hold the del button.

after you have done the above you will see that your BB will reboot.

works well with the 8300 BB's

even if the rest of the phone is froze up..
    12-13-09 12:45 PM
    i dont use such software to reboot mine i have another way that works just as well.

1) press and hold the button that you would push if you wanted to enter a number aka shift button.
    2) press and hold the button on the bottom right of key board aka cap key on right.
    3)press and hold the del button.

after you have done the above you will see that your BB will reboot.

works well with the 8300 BB's

even if the rest of the phone is froze up..
    a.k.a. the alt-shift-del method. This works pretty well, but isn't "automatic" like QP.
    Just my $.02, but I simply pop out the battery for a few seconds when I go to bed. My hands seem to be much more reliable than the QP application, lol.
    12-14-09 02:02 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD