I apologize if this has been posted recently. Also, I can't take credit for this as I got it from someone else in another thread a while back. I see sooo many posts about QP not working that I thought I'd post my fix.

It's been posted many places that resetting your default permissions is a bad idea. So to get QP Lite to work without doing that, simply install it (version 3.6 I believe), set permissions to allow (QP permissions, NOT default permissions) and do a battery pull to properly activate it. Note that I am on BES so I also have the grayed-out security timer option problem. Don't worry about that.

NOW ALSO install Quick Search with Google. You can find it in the App World. Place it in a folder hidden away somewhere. Now try QP. After hitting reset and confirming it, you will be asked if you want to give QP approved status or whatever it's called (I'm not near my BB now so I can't look for the exact wording). DO NOT click anything!! In a second a window will come up saying it's going to reboot in 5 seconds, all little windows will close, and it will indeed reset.

Now, when it boots back up you will have an archived icon on your home screen for Quick Search with Google. Simply click the icon, hit restore, accept the agreement and escape out of the app. The icon will go hide wherever you put it earlier.

I know this may sound like a pain but trust me that it's not. It works for both BES and BIS BBs.

Scheduled resets work as well.

BTW - this is also a fix for QuickLaunch's reset function.
    Last edited by uncleman; 11-02-09 at 04:28 PM.
    11-02-09 04:25 PM
    would this be the beta version of quickpull that you are using?
    11-03-09 01:51 PM
    This makes no sense to me. What is the purpose of installing Quick Search?
    11-03-09 03:55 PM
    just tried this and it worked...thanks for the advice
    11-04-09 12:47 AM
    How and why is this better than just changing the default permissions?
    11-04-09 07:23 AM
    How and why is this better than just changing the default permissions?
    because it's not a good idea to allow all programs access to your phone -- potential for security problems
    11-04-09 08:05 AM
    because it's not a good idea to allow all programs access to your phone -- potential for security problems
    yeah that's why
    11-04-09 10:12 AM
    would this be the beta version of quickpull that you are using?
    Honestly, I'm not sure which version it is. I got it from bbhybrids, here's the link: bbhybrids QuickPull Lite download
    11-04-09 10:20 AM
    Thanks for the fix uncleman....worked like a charm.
    11-05-09 11:52 AM
    if you have already changed your default permissions, is there a way to set the default back to "default" values?
    11-05-09 01:10 PM
    I'll be damned. Worked with QuickLaunch reset. I have no idea why though.
    11-05-09 02:18 PM
    well I installed the Google QuickSearch and it worked exactly as you said... once.
    I noticed I only had 19.0MB of memory so I thought I would do a QuckPull again.
    Now it wont work. It just sits there at the "Your device is going into REBOOT in 5 seconds..." nothing happens so I hit escape.

Oh then I went back and re-read the part about "Now, when it boots back up you will have an archived icon on your home screen for Quick Search with Google. Simply click the icon, hit restore, accept the agreement and escape out of the app. The icon will go hide wherever you put it earlier."

Only thing is, when mine booted back up there was no archived icon on my home screen for QuickSearch. It was still in the Downloads folder. I did the "restore" and then voila, QuickPull worked again.

So now it seems that I'll have to restore the QuickSearch after every QuickPull so that QuickPull will work. It's a PITA but at least we have a workaround! Thanks for the hot tip. I'll just have to remember to restore QuickSearch whenever I want to reboot the thing. Which doesn't seem to free up any memory. It only seems to be getting worse. On the 2nd QuickPull it only has 18.6MB now
    11-10-09 09:05 PM
    To make it easier, reboot your BB and grab the QuickSearch archive icon and (BEFORE clicking it) move it from your download folder to your "home" folder and then to your first (upper left) icon spot. It will stay in that spot after future reboots, staring at you reminding you to click it.
    11-11-09 09:43 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD