I know doing a battery pull with a custom theme will cause problems. But what if I set quickpull to reset at night and I have a theme set?
    05-04-09 08:41 PM
    And what might these problems be? I have never had any problem when doing a battery pull and having a custom theme. As far as is know the settings for each theme are saved in a file. Even if you uninstall the theme, you will retain the custom settings and they will show up if you install it again.

In my experience, battery pull does nothing to custom theme's settings.
    05-04-09 08:46 PM
    I just had a problem last night. I had the andriod theme set and did a pull. The t-mobile boot logo stayed for a long time. Then after I shut off the phone and back on, I had to keep hitting the sleep button to get the phone fully on. Then some of the icons disappeared.

You're referring to the 8900 correct? Your info says the 8320 curve.
    05-04-09 08:51 PM
    should only cause problems if you have unread messages (mainly emails)
    05-04-09 09:10 PM
    This error varies between users, however most experience a problem rebooting just for having 3rd party themes. I'm one of the lucky few that doesn't experience problems when rebooting with 3rd party themes (knock on wood).

If you're having this prob, then be sure to revert back to the stock them before you reboot. This can get annoying if you have to do this every night...
    05-04-09 11:17 PM
    As mentioned, this is a common problems with 3rd party themes and restarting the device with unread messages. A 3rd party theme is anything other than the precision themes that came on your device. If you have any theme like this active on your device make sure you do not have any unread messages before the device is restarted (ie using Quickpull, etc).
    05-04-09 11:21 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD