So, I charge my blackberry every night on my desk, and this morning I was putting it in my pocket to take with me. Anyway, I decided to give it a quickpull right before I left, so I knew it'd be speedy. I've used quickpull several times before and nothing has went wrong, I knew something was up though when 20 minutes later I pulled out my tour and the screen was still on the start up screen. I decided to watch it for a while, it gets to some weird screen with a white background and some black text and then restarts again, it's endlessly restarting. Should I just restore it with BBSAK? I'm just really mad because I haven't backed it up yet. Anyone else with a tour ever had this happen? A simple quickpull bricked my device. This is just ridiculous.
    10-19-09 10:09 AM
    Try a hard reset (ie battery pull for 30 seconds)

Quickpull only issues a soft reset. I don't see the point of this app because how hard is it honestly to pull the battery yourself? lol

Plus it's the same as hitting the ctrl alt del...ie soft reset.

You can actually hit ctrl alt del faster than going into the quickpull app and having it work for you.

The only nice thing of quickpull is that you can schedule daily pulls. That's about IT that I can see.
    10-19-09 10:17 AM
    If you have a hard case like an Otterbox it's actually quite a pain in the *** to take it apart every time you want to do a battery pull. And having it do the reset early in the morning before I'm awake means I dont have to sit around waiting for it to reset when I get up. Pick it up off the charger and go.

Free quick pull ftw.
    10-19-09 10:20 AM
    I've been using Quickpull on my Tour since I got it and never had an issue.
    10-19-09 10:21 AM
    yea, I see what your saying there Andrax. But waiting 3 mins isn't the end of the world. And in his case...what if something goes wrong when rebooting? Then your device has been off for HOURS and won't have the alarm go off to wake your **** up lol.
    10-19-09 10:26 AM
    Try a hard reset (ie battery pull for 30 seconds)

Quickpull only issues a soft reset. I don't see the point of this app because how hard is it honestly to pull the battery yourself? lol

Plus it's the same as hitting the ctrl alt del...ie soft reset.

You can actually hit ctrl alt del faster than going into the quickpull app and having it work for you.

The only nice thing of quickpull is that you can schedule daily pulls. That's about IT that I can see.
    Tried the hard reset several times, no luck. Guess I'm gonna have to restore...and lose pretty much everything, ha. Great.
    10-19-09 10:28 AM
    yea...restore time it is!
    10-19-09 10:32 AM
    ALT + SHIFT + DELETE always works for me.
    10-19-09 10:41 AM
    I agree absolutely that if you are using your tour as an alarm clock having it auto reset overnight is a bad idea. If something does go wrong then you're in trouble. My Tour charges in my office across the house so if it does decide to hang up on the reboot (never happened to date) then it's a non issue.
    10-19-09 01:12 PM
    I'm just really mad because I haven't backed it up yet. ... This is just ridiculous.
    Thanks for the reminder that I need to backup the device!

I use Quickpull all the time and haven't had a problem yet. I do set the phone to be off during sleeping hours, and I've noticed that my version of QP Pro will not work with the phone in the holster, so the likelihood that QP will run when i am not paying attention to the phone is mimimal. I do charge the phone on my desk, so I could be away from it when the scheduled QP runs, but I haven't had that problem yet. At first, I didn't use the scheduling but when I keep changing themes, QP becomes very useful. I haven't opened the battery compartment yet, let alone taken the battery out! So, QP is doing its job!
    10-19-09 01:44 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD