I downloaded quickpull on my Bold a couple of weeks ago, and I have it set to automatically reboot a couple times a week in the middle of the night. But, every time it's supposed to reboot, when I wake up the next morning, it's waiting on my permission to perform the reboot. I can't find anything within the app itself, or within the app permissions page that should be keeping it from automatically doing it - I have everything set to "allow". Is there something I'm missing? It kind of defeats the purpose of scheduling a reboot in the middle of the night so I don't have to deal with it, if I just have to give it permission and wait for it to reboot in the morning!

Thanks in advance for any help!
    04-07-10 07:24 PM
    If you are running 5.0 os I have heard that quickpull doesnt work all that well on os 5.0. If you do it manual does it work. I have the same sort of problem with meterberry. Idk if it is os problem or an app problem but I know the quickpull problem never happened with OS b4 5.0
    04-07-10 07:31 PM
    Do you have your BB Auto On/Off enabled or disabled?
    04-07-10 08:23 PM
    Do you have your BB Auto On/Off enabled or disabled?
    Auto On/Off has nothing to do with Quickpull or Meterberry not being able to do a scheduled reboot.
    QuickPull and MeterBerry do not "play well" with this OS.
    Last edited by tellsells; 04-07-10 at 10:08 PM.
    04-07-10 08:58 PM
    I believe this might be an os 5 issue. Since I've upgraded, any app that I use to restart the device always asks for permission.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    04-07-10 09:09 PM
    Auto On/Off has nothing to do with Quickpull or Meterberry not being able to do a scheduled reboot.
    QuickPull and MeterBerry do not "play well" with this OS.
    I can only speak for myself of course but after trying several things, when I disabled auto on/off, quickpull did what it was supposed to at 2 a.m. Otherwise it would ask for permission after it turned back on in the morning. I'm not sure what "this OS" you are refering to but I'm on a 9000 running 4.6.304.
    04-07-10 11:19 PM
    lol youre running 4.6, bb's like the 9700 are on 5.0.xxx
    04-07-10 11:42 PM
    lol youre running 4.6, bb's like the 9700 are on 5.0.xxx
    ...except that they're on a 9000...

Anyhow, back on topic - there's a better reboot mechanism found within VersaTool, available on VersatileMonkey.com - BlackBerry software including PodTrapper, the podcast manager | VersatileMonkey.com

I've ditched Quickpull, which seemed to leak memory and then not work when my mem was low. VT works great - have never had a fail with it or anything.

Have a look at it... sweet!
    04-08-10 05:42 AM
    ===== /QUOTE ====

...except that they're on a 9000...
    [/QUOTE]

I assume that the OP is on Bold 9000 with OS 5 as the scheduled reboots work fine on 4.6.
    Quickpull, Meterberry, or Versatool cannot (yet) do a scheduled re-boot in OS 5!
    Last edited by tellsells; 04-08-10 at 07:17 AM.
    04-08-10 07:13 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD