Sooooo... quickpull and softrest is basically the same right? I just downloaded quickpull and when i clicked the icon to try and restart my phone it prompted me to a white screen and then nothing happened for like 30 secs! I hit the menu button and clicked close. tried again... No luck. I was using softreset on my pearl it worked great. I think i will install that on my curve as well, i was thinking it wouldn't work with the 4.5 OS...But i just read that i will so yeah i think i will give it a try and let you all know if i have better luck with that...
    12-28-08 11:24 AM
    hi, i am new to the blackberry community and when i was on the windows mobile os there was a 3rd party application that allowed me to soft reset my phone(to free up memory) at a certain time every day.... i was wondering is there anything comperable on the blackberry os (preferably freeware) or is this as close as it gets? Any helpwould be apprieciated. Thanks in advance.
    01-02-09 01:21 PM
    I will stick with the battery pull.......

3rd party apps to correct and OS issue is bad news IMO.
    01-02-09 01:26 PM
    hi, i am new to the blackberry community and when i was on the windows mobile os there was a 3rd party application that allowed me to soft reset my phone(to free up memory) at a certain time every day.... i was wondering is there anything comperable on the blackberry os (preferably freeware) or is this as close as it gets? Any helpwould be apprieciated. Thanks in advance.
    QuickPull is a free app that does this:QuickPull - Personal Productivity BlackBerry Software - Crackberry Store
    01-02-09 02:30 PM
    thanks for the information
    01-07-09 02:01 PM
    The schedule right now has a small bug, you will have to set it each day till he has it figured out, he has acknowledged it

It doesnt do a soft reset, it does a hard reset
    01-07-09 02:04 PM
    What is the difference between a soft and hard reset?

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    01-07-09 02:17 PM
    A hard reset is more effective.

Soft reset is alt, right shift, del
    hard is the same, but when screen lights up, do it again.
    01-07-09 02:20 PM
    I use the Quickpull app in between battery pulls, i fimly believe nothing replaces the battery pull, especiallly when your device is acting up...
    01-07-09 02:22 PM
    Is there a time when you should do a hard reset rather than a soft?

01-07-09 02:24 PM
    I do a hard reset everytime...
    01-07-09 02:25 PM
    So they both do the same thing? Just free up ram?

01-07-09 02:27 PM
    What is the difference between a soft and hard reset?

Soft Reset:View Document

Hard Reset:View Document
    01-07-09 02:28 PM
    Pretty much, RIM recommends a battery pull, this app does the hard reset, you should be fine...
    01-07-09 02:28 PM
    I use the Quickpull app in between battery pulls, i fimly believe nothing replaces the battery pull, especiallly when your device is acting up...
    I agree completely
    01-07-09 02:38 PM
    Do you do the battery pulls scheduled or when problems occur?

01-07-09 02:40 PM
    I do a battery pull if i think my Berry is acting kind of buggy or after i download a 3rd party application or theme...
    01-07-09 02:41 PM
    I've always applied the different reset methods to different circumstances. If I simply want to release tied up file free memory, I do a hard reset. If my Curve is acting up, I'll do a batt pull.

I believe that because I am proactive and do regular memory maintenance, I rarely need to pull my battery because my device rarely acts up. Good thing because I use a sticky cover and hate to take it off. I am so used to my routine, I don't think I need an app to do it. However, it seems like a good product for those who like the comfort of knowing they can forget about regular resets.

01-07-09 02:51 PM
    There is absolutely nothing risky about the app or the k/board method
    I tried ALT+SHIFT+DEL and nothing happens...is there a certain sequence or hold time or ????

01-22-09 06:18 AM
    This is a sweet app for the pearl 8100 since it doesn't have the Alt shift del function

01-22-09 06:26 AM
    I will stick with the battery pull.......

3rd party apps to correct and OS issue is bad news IMO.
    So is pulling your battery out IMO
    01-22-09 06:54 AM
    i tried ATL+SHIFT+DEL and nothing happened? am i pressing the wrong buttons or am i not holding them long enough. please help...
    01-22-09 07:33 AM
    I believe that is ALT+RIGHT SHIFT+DEL and hold it until the screen goes blank.

01-22-09 07:37 AM
    Ahhhh thank you so much!! it worked great!
    01-22-09 07:39 AM
    Do be the same as a battery pull or Quick Pull you have to do it twice. Do once, and when the white screen appears do it a second time.
    01-22-09 07:48 AM
53 123
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD