will a scheduled quickpull work if the phone is in bedside mode but not locked?
    06-04-09 12:15 AM
    It should. It's free so give it a try.
    06-04-09 07:06 AM
    I have down QP v2 for my storm. It did a restart when i installed it. the next day I tried to start the program and I got an error reading:
    Uncaught exception Java.Lang.IllegalArgumentException
    Can someone plz try to help me troble shoot this app.
    06-21-09 09:27 PM
    I have down QP v2 for my storm. It did a restart when i installed it. the next day I tried to start the program and I got an error reading:
    Uncaught exception Java.Lang.IllegalArgumentException
    Can someone plz try to help me troble shoot this app.
    I feel your pain. I have the same problem. I have been across the forums and it seems to be a known bug. I guess v2 was supposed to fix this error. however, i've uninstalled and reinstalled the latest version (2.0.13) twice and I get the same error. I've made sure that I have "compatability mode" in application permissions for Quickpull disabled. I've read older posts that indicate that it sometimes comes up because of a conflict with certain themes. I don't know. This only became a problem for me after upgrading BB to v4.7.0.148 - so, i'll bet it has something to do with that. Let me know if you figure it out.
    06-22-09 08:34 PM
    I don't think it is .148 that is causing this error. I've had .148 installed on my device since it was leaked and have used QP without any problems.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    06-22-09 09:04 PM
    I love this app...I have it scheduled to reboot when I'm sleeping.
    06-23-09 10:59 AM
    I also started up BES about the time it all went bad with Quickpull. Previously had just been using BIS. Could this have anything to do with it? I also wondered if I might be running an incompatable app. I also have QuickLaunch, eMobile Today Pro, Epocrates, Viigo, Google maps, Buzz me. I absolutely loved Quickpull before it went south. Any ideas?
    06-23-09 11:33 PM
    will a scheduled quickpull work if the phone is in bedside mode but not locked?
    Yes, it will...
    06-23-09 11:48 PM
    The hard reset is not like the old Palm devices, where data and apps (except the basic four) are in volatile memory. The BB uses flash memory, so nothing is lost when you do a hard reset, QP, or battery pull.

The reason one would do a reset just for the he!! of it is to clean up memory. Memory leaks occur, because as you add data, run apps, etc. it starts using available memory in the order it's available. After a reset, this is a nice neat process, but after opening and closing things, little chunks of memory become unavailable even if there not being used (down side of flash versus RAM). So a reset cleans everything up.
    Thanks so much for this info. That helps me a ton in learning about how memory works. This should be on a "101" page somewhere.
    07-13-09 03:58 PM
    I did this and it got quickpull working for me. Thanks to a post from mikepiggott.If you get the Uncaught Exception error try this:

You need to modify the permissions for the �Email Setup Application� so that they all say �Allow� you do this by going into: Options - Advanced Options - Applications- scroll down to �Email Setup Application� click the menu button and select �Edit Default Permissions� and change all of them so that they say �Allow�. Go back to the main screen, making sure to save your changes, and try SoftReset or Quickpull
    This is huge. I somehow missed your solution a couple weeks ago on this thread. There are other threads running about this issue and lots of frustrated users and newbies like me who could use this. Thanks again for the solution!
    07-13-09 04:00 PM
    So what is the secret to the uncaught exception error. The only theme I have is the original theme that came on the Storm. I would really like to have this quick pull thing work.

Thanks,
    07-22-09 05:22 PM
    please help i installed quick pull and now my lock button isn't password locking my phone i have a 9550 and i need the button to password lock the phone not screen lock
    04-30-10 09:25 PM
    This app is the best I have it set for 2 am n its great. I love it

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    10-03-10 08:06 PM
313 ... 111213
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD