This is some exciting news for me. My second application? I never thought I would be making 1 let alone continuing to afterwords! Anyhow, as promised I would be releasing an application with the release of the website. I know it's not a big one (website or app) but it's something more to contribute to the BB world!

The application is called "QuickNote". The free version is VERY watered down, to bare bones. I figure I would rather give you a bare bones app than a 5 or 7 day trial app, this way you can continue to use it until I release the pro one. Anyhow, QuickNote is comparable to Post-It notes for Blackberry. It adds a quick note to the top of your menu. What is great about this, is when you click it - it will take you STRAIGHT to the editing area. It doesn't scroll as planned, but I gave it the accepted global limit of 155 characters. If it all doesn't show in the menu, then simply click the note and it will take you to it. It is very simple, and very straight forward. You can download it OTA or DM:

OTA: http://www.jefflhunt.com/ota/qn_free/

DM: MediaFire DM Download

Also remember, donations are always welcome! People who donate will get the official version for free as well as a mention in the application that you are a supporter of this application (Also with your website or twitter link next to your name!)

03-17-10 05:57 PM
    Sounds interesting.

I presume you can delete it? Can you have more than one?

My menu is getting quite long!!!!!!!
    03-17-10 07:36 PM
    What BB phones does this work with? Also what OS? Thank you.
    03-17-10 07:54 PM
    What BB phones does this work with? Also what OS? Thank you.
    It works on any phone running 4.7 or above.

Sounds interesting.

I presume you can delete it? Can you have more than one?

My menu is getting quite long!!!!!!!
    LOL Don't worry, I love adding things to the menu for nice quick access. In this release, if you erase it fully it disappears from your menu. I will release 1.1 once it reaches 1000 downloads and it will have an additional feature, then after that 2.0 will be released - not too long away with multiple ones, copy sent to quicknote, and more.

I won't be releasing QuickNote Pro until after TellMe! Pro. And before I release QuickNote Pro, it's safe to say I'll release another free one of a new program and then the pro one (Notice a trend?? :P). This keeps people interested in my applications.
    03-17-10 08:15 PM
    Awwwww.....bummer. I'm running OS 4.5 (Curve 8330). It sounds like just what I was looking for in a simple type of note.
    Last edited by Mojave; 03-17-10 at 08:24 PM.
    03-17-10 08:22 PM
    Wasn't 5.0 released for the 8330?

With the 1.1 release, I'll make it 4.5 compatible. The reason it isn't right now is really not cool, but 4.5 doesn't contain the border class that I imported. I'll have to write my own now. 4.5 is like IE6, its so out dated yet people still have to make their sites compliant with it.. Lol

I'll work on that right now - no reason why you shouldn't have it because of the carriers/RIM's lack of releases.. Give me about an hour or two I'll post back when I release it.
    03-17-10 08:27 PM
    Wasn't 5.0 released for the 8330?

With the 1.1 release, I'll make it 4.5 compatible. The reason it isn't right now is really not cool, but 4.5 doesn't contain the border class that I imported. I'll have to write my own now. 4.5 is like IE6, its so out dated yet people still have to make their sites compliant with it.. Lol

I'll work on that right now - no reason why you shouldn't have it because of the carriers/RIM's lack of releases.. Give me about an hour or two I'll post back when I release it.
    Hi.....

I have Verizon and they have not officially released OS 5.0 for the Curve 8330. In fact....they probably won't because they are no longer selling the Curve 8330 phones. My 8330 is my very first BB phone and I am very happy with it. Great little workhorse!!

I hate for you to go to all that trouble for the OS 4.5......but it is greatly appreciated. I'll check back tomorrow (Thursday) so no major hurry for tonight. THANK YOU!!
    03-17-10 08:58 PM
    Hi.....

I have Verizon and they have not officially released OS 5.0 for the Curve 8330. In fact....they probably won't because they are no longer selling the Curve 8330 phones. My 8330 is my very first BB phone and I am very happy with it. Great little workhorse!!

I hate for you to go to all that trouble for the OS 4.5......but it is greatly appreciated. I'll check back tomorrow (Thursday) so no major hurry for tonight. THANK YOU!!
    I'll have it up by the end of tonight guarantee

I have nothing to do but make sure everyone is going good with the application and not having trouble. So check in a little bit later and I'll have posted the update.

And, your welcome
    03-17-10 09:11 PM
    Please excuse the double post.

QuickNote has been updated to work on devices lower than 4.7!

Enjoy
    03-18-10 12:24 AM
    Hi ShimmyShine,

Just downloaded........and.........well.........I like it!! Can you tell me what features will be in the pro version one?

A BIG THANK YOU for making this for the OS 4.5.
    03-18-10 03:59 PM
    I don't have them all quite wrote down just yet - is there anything in specific you would like to see??
    03-18-10 04:39 PM
    Hi ShimmyShine,

Just curious about what features will be in the pro version.

I'm not sure. Maybe something like.....choose the color of your font. Change font size. Check spell would be wonderful.

I will be making a donation. I really do love this simple app. Anxious to see what the Pro version will have. Just to clarify....once the Pro version is available.......it will work with the OS 4.5. Correct?

Again....thank you for your excellent customer service!!

Oops.....sorry....just saw the "check spell" in the screen shot of your first post.
    Last edited by Mojave; 03-18-10 at 05:04 PM.
    03-18-10 04:58 PM
    Hi everyone, I wanted to let everyone know that the professional version is complete. I haven't released it yet, however I would like to let everyone know of the professional features.

There are numerous features put in the professional version and my forums use a different formatting than CB's forums. So here is a link to view them at: QuickNote Pro Release Features and Date! - Hunt Development Forums . It will be 4.5 compatible (I've made sure of it).
    03-24-10 06:38 PM
    Hi everyone, I wanted to let everyone know that the professional version is complete. I haven't released it yet, however I would like to let everyone know of the professional features.

There are numerous features put in the professional version and my forums use a different formatting than CB's forums. So here is a link to view them at: QuickNote Pro Release Features and Date! - Hunt Development Forums . It will be 4.5 compatible (I've made sure of it).
    Hello ShimmyShine,

WAHOO!!!!!!! Just checked out the features in the Pro version. Nice.....very....very nice!! Thanks for making it for the OS 4.5.....very much appreciated!! Looking forward to the release of your Pro version. I will defiantly be purchasing. Keep up the great work!!
    03-24-10 07:02 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD